Are you an early-in-career cloud architect/developer who can assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
· Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services;
· Hands on architect and modernizing customer applications to be cloud optimized;
· Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
· Providing deep software architecture knowledge with respect cloud architecture and design patterns;
· Advising and implementing Cloud best practices;
· Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist;
· Agile software development and DevOps;
· Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
· Experience in Refactoring, Re-writing and Decoupling applications;
· Experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment;
· Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Container services;
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability;
· Agile software development expert;
· Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
· Hands on familiarity with Infra as a code;
· Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible);
· Scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.);
· Practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems;
· Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor);
· Good communication and presentation skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Master’s Degree desired;
· 3+ years of an application programming and/or hands-on technical application architecture experience building large scale applications;
· Hands on programing skills in any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, .NET,Go or Scala;
· Ability to travel to client locations as needed (25-50%);
· Exposure to Agile development methodologies;
· Knowledge of Continuous integration and continuous delivery.