Description de l'offre
Search Knowledge is part of Amazon Search – the engine that powers the Amazon.com website and responds to billions of queries per day, searching through terabytes of data in milliseconds. We design, build, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day.
The broad areas of machine learning we work in are semantic search, NLP, knowledge graphs, and information extraction. We plan to start work in joint text-image/video models. The focus is to deploy models into products, but we also set aside time to write papers. Our group has a significant number of engineers to support applied scientists' work. We are part of Amazon Search, our products are directly visible on the amazon.com search results page for millions of customers.
The mission of the Search Knowledge team is to help Amazon customers by enabling and enhancing their product research, product discover and post-purchase support. We build customer experiences powered by a Knowledge Base - a collection of knowledge about products, how they are related to each other and to the rest of the world. Our machine-learning systems help acquire and systematize that knowledge from Amazon-internal and from external sources, and match the knowledge to the right customer queries. Our engineering systems store and retrieve that knowledge efficiently and at scale, and present it to millions of customers daily.
As an applied scientist, you will invent, build and deploy state of the art machine-learning models and systems to enable and enhance the team's mission. You will develop a long-term scientific agenda, initiate and lead scientific projects and mentor applied scientists. You will present your work to product and engineering teams at Amazon, publish scientific papers and apply for patents for your inventions.
Come join our team in Boston, international center of higher education, the home of MIT and Harvard, famous technological hub, and world leader in innovation.
· Advance exploratory research projects in machine learning and related fields to create highly innovative customer experiences;
· Analyze large amounts of data to discover patterns, find opportunities, and develop highly innovative, scalable algorithms to seize these opportunities;
· Validate models via statistically rigorous experiments across millions of customers;
· Work closely with software engineering teams to build scalable prototypes for testing, and integrate successful models and algorithms in production systems at very large scale;
· Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or another quantitative field
· Strong technical credentials, with at least 2 years of professional or post-doctoral experience working in a relevant field: machine learning, deep learning, knowledge bases, recommendation systems, information retrieval, natural language understanding, robotics, statistics, computer vision etc.
· Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences.
· Solid fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design, complexity analysis, mathematics and statistics.
· Proficiency in a major programming language (Python, Java, Scala or similar).
· Proven track record in leading scientific projects and mentoring scientists;
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation