We're working on the future and it's still Day 1. Come join us and make history!
At Alexa Voice Shopping, we strive to enhance shopping in everyday life. We build technology that allows customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing; you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking outstanding Business Intelligence Engineers to model customer preference and help define the innovation roadmap for Alexa Voice Shopping - SLU team. The SLU team is responsible for Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR).
The Business Intelligence Engineer will be a key member of the Org, which includes economists, ML scientists, fellow business intelligence and data engineers. This role will help measure, analyse, infer and strategise based on learning from NLU and ASR data. This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, data engineering skills and importantly an uncanny knack and passion for turning qualitative analysis and observations into diagnostics and metrics. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and someone who thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, driven by a desire to innovate and move fast.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative, and you don't quit. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
1. Be a thought leader: Interface with business partners, architect, design, implement, and support BI projects & tools that derive customer shopping insights and shape business decisions
2. Dive Deep, Raise the bar and insist on high standards: Recognize and adopt best practices in analysis and reporting, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
3. Deliver Results: Be inspired by the motto of Customer First, use outstanding business acumen, technical and analytical skills to drive real, actionable results.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology, as well as experience in diving deep on data analysis or technical issues to come up with effective solutions, experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions
· Excellent knowledge and Expertise with SQL, Linux, OLAP, and Relational, NoSQL & Multi-dimensional Databases, Big Data
· Excellent Knowledge of data warehousing concepts; coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools like QuickSight, Tableau
· Proven ability at looking at solutions in unconventional ways. Sees opportunities to innovate and can lead the way
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline