Join us and shape the future of travel
Shaping the future of travel has always been important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
We work at the heart of the global travel industry. Amadeus offers you the opportunity to learn and grow and drive your own progression in an exciting and multicultural environment.
Our people are driven by a passion for 'Where next?' If you want to shape your career and the future of travel, Amadeus is the place for you.
Summer internship: 2 months
Summary of the role
The Search, Shopping & Pricing division (SSP) is a division of approximately 350 people, spread over Nice, Boston and Bangalore, responsible for delivering high quality products related to pricing transactions, search engines for airlines (Air France, Lufthansa, British Airways, Air Canada…), online travel agencies (Opodo, eDreams, eBookers…) and metasearch (Kayak). Those products can be seen on either terminals (standard travel agencies, airports desks), well-known web sites or mobile applications.
Inside SSP, in order to solve a highly complex and constrained combinatory problematic, the Shopping Engines department is in charge of providing these products with sophisticated algorithms in a highly complex and constrained combinatory problematic and to make them evolve continuously to answer new business requirements.
The trainee will be part of one of the teams, which develops on the Shopping Engines and will work in close collaboration with developers.
One axis of improvement in the search engine is to decrease its CPU usage, and in particular to review its memory allocation algorithm and make it more efficient.
Today we are using two custom memory allocators:
· A C memory allocator customized in order to limit the amount of memory allocated during one transaction and to ensure that all allocated memory is returned to the system between two transactions by releasing all system allocated memory. This allocator implements a first fit algorithm, whose performance drops when serving lot of small allocation/deallocation requests interspaced with large allocation requests.
· Complemented by a C++ memory allocator for satisfying small allocation requests, due to aforementioned performance issue.
The goal of the internship will be to prototype a new allocator that could efficiently replace both allocators.
The internship will consist in several steps process:
· Study state of the art
· Prototype one or several custom allocators
· Measurement of the gains and weaknesses of each prototype compared to legacy ones
· Outcomes report & presentation
· Technical skills on C/C++ and especially memory allocation.
· Analytical and synthetical thinking
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies:Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.