Always wanted to work with the last generation web technologies?
Join our team to work on the next generation of web technologies, both back-end and front-end running our e-commerce flagship product e-Retail.
It handles all aspects 100+ airlines front-end presence : from user interfaces of booking engine to user configuration, customization and software development kit, content management, campaign management, business rules and more.
Our system is constantly improving, driven by airlines, and possibly by you!!
Ideal candidate profile
Summary of the role
- Front-end software development engineer for Amadeus e-Retail application , bringing new features as well as production support.
- Engagement in a full software development agile life cycle of change requests: Support of business Analysts, technical design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- The development team delivers all evolutions to the product using SCRUM agile methodology.
- Involvement in sprint planning and user story delivery effort.
- Regularly reports progress and highlights/escalates issues and problems as necessary.
- Coordinates a Change Request between several impacted developers, either within the same team, or in remote teams (London, Nice, Boston, Bangalore,...)
- Provides effort estimates for various developments.
- Monitors and controls costs related to own work.
- Code production, problem investigations, support or testing within agreed standards and timescales.
- Writes all operational and software documentation necessary for the application from a technical standpoint.
- Conducts analysis and contributes to joint product design efforts.
- Supports the other teams involved in the development life cycle : Business Analyst, Testers, ..
- Demonstrates initiative in contributing to problem solving, design solutions and team goals.
- Confident in technical skills and demonstrates substantial independence in the technical area.
- Conducts unit and package tests of the software to ensure a level of quality in line with the Amadeus guidelines.
- Takes responsibility for a component of a project or a small project.
- Responds to client requests in non-standard situations, investigating all the facts.
- Understands the key business drivers and applies this knowledge to own work.
- Represents Amadeus during workshops with the clients and external companies
- Ensures deliverables meet the required Amadeus quality standards.
- Effectively applies the required procedures and methodologies.
Working with others
- Works cooperatively to achieve team goals making constructive suggestions to move things forward.
- Builds stable and useful working relationships with others outside the immediate area of work.
- Train newcomers. Share skills and experience.
- Develops ability to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrates competence in own area, completing own role independently or with minimal supervision/ guidance.
- Continued development of technical capability.
- Adapts to the constant evolution of the web technologies
- University degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Relevant work experience
- J2EE knowledge
- Good MVC knowledge (Weblogic server, Spring or Struts frameworks, JSP, JSTL) is a plus
- Templating languages knowledge is appreciated (AngularJS, React, Freemarker,…)
- Persistence (SQL and NoSQL) experience is a plus
- Airline business knowledge is a plus.
Also fluency in English is compulsory.}
About Amadeus Nice
Are you the Software Development Engineer we're looking for ?
Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, the future of travel has never been more exciting.
With us, you won't just be shaping your own career, you'll be shaping the way the world moves.
You'll be designing, coding, debugging, documenting and maintaining software for the Travel Industry.
You will work in a multicultural and exciting environment where you will be able to learn every day and drive your career.
Enjoy your life at work and out of work, in our sunny main office in Sophia Antipolis - the technology valley on the French Riviera.
Few key facts about Amadeus in 2017 :
* 1.6 billion passengers boarded
* 630 million bookings processed
* 5.4 billion euros invested in R&D
* Part of the Top 10 of software companies worldwide (Forbes 2018 Global Rankings)
We are an awards winner employer.Check out our rankings on Glassdoor, Happy Trainees, Happy Candidates and Capital .