Site internet: http://www.amadeus.com
Operations Support Engineer (R&DDS-14-38)Join us and shape the future of travel
Shaping the future of travel has always been important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
We work at the heart of the global travel industry. Amadeus offers you the opportunity to learn and grow and drive your own progression in an exciting and multicultural environment.
Our people are driven by a passion for 'Where next?' If you want to shape your career and the future of travel, Amadeus is the place for you.
Amadeus delivers added value products and solutions to travel agencies, corporations, airlines and other travel businesses worldwide as well as providing the e-commerce products for Amadeus.
Amongst other products Amadeus provides the Amadeus Selling Platform & Connect , a professional browser based front office reservation product; the Amadeus Sales Management Solution covering the activities of the travel agent from front office to mid-office, Amadeus Reservation Desktop the front office for airline dedicated to professional and all e-Commerce platforms: Amadeus e-Retail Engine for airlines and Amadeus e-Travel Management for corporations and travel resellers.
In this context, theFront Office Reservation (FOR) (Selling Platform Classic/Connect & Amadeus e-Travel Management) division is responsible for the web applications which are part of the Amadeus Distribution portfolio. The Quality and Delivery Services (QDS) department regroups 4 Quality Assurance (QA)teams for these products and operation implementation and 3 support teams for Selling Platform and AeTM.
Operational Engineers are required to manage the implementation, releasing and support process to ensure long-term production stability and availability for Amadeus distribution products.
· Ensure availability and stability of production environments
· Provide cross-team support on production environments and technologies (Dev, stress tests…)
· Act as the liaison between development and Amadeus Data Center teams in Erding Germany
· Coordinate processes required for major releases, infrastructure evolutions and implementations
· Provide expertise on architecture solutions and guidelines for operability and stability
· Support of the production environments for Amadeus distribution portfolio (Sell/Seco/AeTM)
· Support of the customer facing test environments
· Prepare the implementation of new customer projects and/or new product projects
· Management of new project implementation related to corporate products and satellites
· Coordination of product implementation in production and other test environments
· Prepare documentation and hand overs to Amadeus Data Processing Application Management teams
· Configuration management for all platforms
· Review functional Change requests on the design of applications
· Review application release Change requests and their impacts on production platforms
· Coordinate and manage major releases and service packs for Amadeus distribution products
· Web servers administration (Oracle Web server, Apache, IIS)
· Java application servers administration (WebLogic, Tomcat, JBOSS)
· Windows Server 2008 administration, Linux administration
· Web applications knowledge (HTML, XML, JSP, Servlets, EJB)
· Internet protocols knowledge (HTTP(S), SOAP/XML)
· Database server administration (Microsoft SQL Server 2008)
· Project management
· Previous experience in production operational environment
· Previous development experience in a J2EE environment
· Engineer degree in Computing Science
· Post Graduate degree in related subject is an advantage
· Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies:Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.