Site internet: http://www.amadeus.com
IP Attorney - Technical IPShaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
We encourage you to be part of new and exciting projects and for you to take the lead when it comes to your progression.
Since mobility allows you and Amadeus to grow, we always look internally first when searching for candidate.
Purpose of the role
Protect Amadeus' intellectual property through crafting an IP strategy and building an IP portfolio based on patents, designs and/or trade secrets, and prevent/manage cases of infringement
Invention Harvesting and Handling:
- Research and identify inventions from R&D projects, Business improvements, etc.
- Build invention cases: Support inventors to develop material
- Carrying out searches to determine prior art; Compare inventions with state of the art;
Analyze and assess whether inventions include patentable subject matter, and for novelty and inventive step, and identify the novel aspects of the disclosure;
- Prepare invention case for IP Board: Determine technical, business, IP considerations for discussion and guidance for IP Board decision
- Determine IP outcome for protection of inventions
Supporting IP within Amadeus:
- Provide IP counsel to identified business units and R&D departments and foster deeper working relationships
- Cultivate IP portfolio over the supported organizations
- Organize and Supervise IP Boards, formed with technical and business management, within identified technology areas
External IP Environment:
IP watch, surveillance and technical support to IP contentious matters:
- Benchmark Amadeus' IP in the industry and carry-out IP watch on competitor patents. Following third party rights that could be an issue for us, and the portfolio of the competition
- Follow potential infringement cases, notably by following technologies of our competitors and assessment therefrom
Desired skills and experience:
- Electrical/Software Engineering Degree or equivalent technical training (other fields possible)
- Qualified or part-qualified as a European or US Patent Attorney;
- US Patent Agent qualification, EQF or CEIPI-certification can also be considered.
- Experience in an IP-Patent Firm and/or experience in IP in a corporate role in industry
- Strong technical/functional/business/commercial awareness
- Able to understand corporate functions and how Legal/IP can contribute
- Follow latest trends and developments in own field and adapt these in own job/organization
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.
- IP Attorney - Technical IP
- par Amadeus Group
- Nice (France)