Internship: Prototype NoSQL Cache for Travel
Site internet: http://www.amadeus.com
Internship: Prototype NoSQL Cache for TravelShaping the future of travel has always been important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
We work at the heart of the global travel industry. Amadeus offers you the opportunity to learn and grow and drive your own progression in an exciting and multicultural environment.
Our people are driven by a passion for 'Where next?' If you want to shape your career and the future of travel, Amadeus is the place for you.
Over the last decade online travel agents, such as Expedia, Opodo, Kayak …, have become key actors in the airline shopping business. The boom of the internet flight searches is never-ending, with an increase rate of +100% searches per year.
The Availability complex is processing more than 6Million flights/second, powered by a processing farm of more than 1000 servers. This massive throughput requires constant technology shifts, robustness, system stability and monitoring while always implementing new functionalities and innovative solutions.
A key component of this architecture is the cache that is in charge of storing and serving availability and price data. It is based on a multi-terabyte NoSQL layer that provides scalability, fast response times and high resiliency while always being optimised for quality.
With the rapid growth of our products for low cost airlines and the start of a door to door application, the acquisition of content is becoming essential to Amadeus. This content is very heterogeneous and does not fit well within our current NoSQL caching solutions, often requiring costly developments.
· The objective of the internship is to identify which technologies would allow lower development costs to integrate new kind of content, while maintaining good response times, scalability and high level of resiliency.
· The different use cases requiring caching in the availability application and their technical constraints should be identified.
· A prototype demonstrating the feasibility and the interest of the solution should be designed, developed and tested
NoSQL databases, Document store, key value store, Couchbase, MongoDB, distributed system
Required technical skills
· C++/Python development
· Java development appreciated
· Basic knowledge regarding data integrity, clustering software, and scalability
Required personal skills
· Team player
· Analytical and Conceptual Thinking
· Innovation and Initiative
· Willingness to learn about Amadeus business
· Good communication skills
· Information gathering
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies:Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Découvrir la Page Entreprise
Ils ont travaillé ici
Consultant Digital & Nouvelles Technologies
Senior IT Enterprise Architect
Ingénieur Commercial (en recherche d'opportunité)