Stage : Internship: Logic programming for processing of airfare data content
Site internet: http://www.amadeus.com
Internship: Logic programming for processing of airfare data contentJoin us and shape the future of travel
Shaping the future of travel has always been important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
We work at the heart of the global travel industry. Amadeus offers you the opportunity to learn and grow and drive your own progression in an exciting and multicultural environment.
Our people are driven by a passion for 'Where next?' If you want to shape your career and the future of travel, Amadeus is the place for you.
The mission of Data and Pricing Services (DPS) is to deliver accurate and consistent servicing for search, shopping and pricing engines thanks to efficient and scalable processing of travel content.
In Data Distribution 1, we are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining services to distribute airfares and fare-related data to all SSP engines:
· Load and create fares (specified, constructed or dynamic).
· Handle core processing of fares restrictions validation.
· Provide fare properties matching, security checks, surcharges computation, reference data access...
· Hide the complexity of sophisticated industry-driven data models.
· Contribute to continuously optimizing price search and computation.
Our greatest challenge is to support increasing trends in travel industry: always more airfares and complex restrictions defined by travel providers, larger search criteria and more diversified travel options offered to the end-users.
The trainee will participate to the evaluation of a new approach of fares and fares restrictions data processing based on logic programming (Drools, Prolog...).
Institutional data providers define a match/expand/filter data model that allows, from simple sequences of records, generating complex networks of tariffs and restrictions and, hence, determining the exact price and conditions matching any kind of travel. The trainee will contribute to formalizing and prototyping the implementation as business rules of this data content. As part of his internship, s/he will participate in following activities:
· Understand industry data models characterizing fares and rules data.
· Apprehend the existing data acquisition infrastructure and the operational constraints it is tackling.
· Analyze formalization and mapping of industry records into business rules/logical clauses.
· Study storage, transport and processing of rules for an efficient evaluation in pricing and shopping transactions.
· Join to the current initiatives to transform our data infrastructure (data-mining, cloud storage, distributed computation)
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies:Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.