Internship: Developer specialist
Site internet: http://www.amadeus.com
Internship: Developer specialistJoin us and shape the future of travel
Shaping the future of travel has always been important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
We work at the heart of the global travel industry. Amadeus offers you the opportunity to learn and grow and drive your own progression in an exciting and multicultural environment.
Our people are driven by a passion for 'Where next?' If you want to shape your career and the future of travel, Amadeus is the place for you.
R&D-AIR-APX (Airline Product Expertise group is part of Amadeus Research & Development) is in charge of cross functional studies or project. Key missions of this team are to work in relationship with potentially all R&D and Marketing organization (Product managers, development manager and staff, pre-sales manager).
Build a custom enlarged WHO is WHO application going through Amadeus organization to answer multiple kind of questions such as who does what, what does this organization ?
Context and background:
As part of a cross organizational team in Amadeus, being in charge of cross functional study or cross area projects, it is crucial to go straight to the right person or organization when required.
As well you are contacted by some people and you would like to know on which area they work, or what is their role and job,
Or you need to know the whole set of teams that are in charge of a product (pre-sales, Product manager, Developer, Quality Assurance, implementation)
Of course you need to get this information automatically refreshed after any change of organization
Sure this need is critical as well for many organization in Amadeus.
How do we proceed today ? Many ways for sure
· Your network, you know the guy who knows the product, you know the guy who knows the guy
· You have a solid experience in this job and you know by heart Amadeus organization, very likely only in some particular areas
· You have lotus address book and you navigate, sometimes you are very lucky to pick the right person (so far this is the best organization database we have for this purpose, a bit old-fashioned without any multi-criteria searching features)
· You know by heart the organizational paths and what they mean and it helps
Objectives of the Internship
Basically objective of this internship will be to help answering all those questions and decommissioning all those old fashioned routines used to find our way in Amadeus complex matrix organization.
Intern will be provided with the high level requirements, be exposed all kind of problematics, be explained and exposed all the tools we use for such need. Intern will study our assets, will propose the functional and technical solution and develop it.
This Internship is a very good candidate to be managed as an Agile project, JIRA being the supporting tool of the backlog, user stories and project follow-up
Intern will develop
· A UI application (language to be proposed and discussed up to internal validation…)
· Ideally create an Amadeus mobile app if possible in the internship timeline
(priority amongst complex features or mobile app may be subject to backlog prioritization with the product owner)
High Level requirements
· Build an UI application that would answer organizational questions with different angles (would it be based on a single matrix, would it be based on different database ? Solution to be proposed)
· Which Product management organization is in charge of this product ?
· Which Development organization is in charge of this product ?
· Who are the people in this organization ?
· Which products this organization is in charge of ?
· What is the role of this organization ?
· What is the role of this person ?
· Who are the experts of this product or technical matter (within product management, development , implementation teams or any kind of support team)
· Analyze how this scope is possible to extend (example, categorize documents found from a search criterion and propose access to product sharepoints, assess relevance of the documents, ..) and propose next generation of the application (and implement if time permits)
Technical Assumptions and constraints
· Use the existing organizational assets as basis to create the architecture of the solution (do not create any new database that people would have to fill) , lotus address book as example being one of them, Opera Search Centre, Ask me, Win@ etc..
· Use the existing search APIs if any
Critical part of this mission will be to discover all these assets, take benefit of them in a dynamic way
· Thanks to Agile sprint cycles, make sure to deliver usable features and progressively enhance them.
· Special care to be given to code quality and documentation (for maintenance and evolution purpose)
· Technical skills to deliver development (UI + business logic),
· Usability skills would be appreciated, but not mandatory
· Curiosity, autonomy, good communication (to be able to make some interviews).
· Experience in Scrum team project would be highly recommended but not mandatory
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies:Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Découvrir la Page Entreprise
Ils ont travaillé ici
Senior IT Enterprise Architect
Ingénieur Commercial (en recherche d'opportunité)
Talent Management Specialist @ Amadeus