Internship: Automated insights discovery
Internship: Automated insights discoveryShaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
We encourage you to be part of new and exciting projects and for you to take the lead when it comes to your progression.
Since mobility allows you and Amadeus to grow, we always look internally first when searching for candidate.
The team is involved in one of the most recent expansions of Amadeus Airline IT products suite: Amadeus Anytime Merchandizing, which allows airlines to manage their services and provide services tailored to the needs & preferences of their customers.
More specifically, the team is in charge of generating knowledge about airlines’ customers through the usage of state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms, so that this knowledge can be used within Amadeus Anytime Merchandizing to provide such tailored services.
Due to the ever increasing quantity of data available on their customers and products, one of the biggest challenges faced by airlines is to reduce the insight latency of their reporting software, which is defined as the delay between the moment reporting data is made available to airlines and the moment actionable insight is discovered by airlines analysts.
The objective of the internship is to analyse existing data mining algorithms (trend detection, outlier detection, breakout detection, performance hotspots detection…) and study how to integrate them into the Amadeus Anytime Merchandizing product.
In this context, the intern will contribute to the following activities:
· Bibliographical study on data mining algorithms
· Implementation of a selected subset of these algorithms
· Data acquisition/cleaning from operational databases
· Analysis of the selected algorithms performances and results
· Integration of the selected algorithms into Amadeus Anytime Merchandizing
· Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience; experience in the data mining/machine learning field would be a plus
· Working knowledge of C++ or Java/Scala, and Python
· Interest for software design and development
· Organization, communication and teamwork skills
· Information gathering, problem solving
· Creativity / Innovation
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.
Discover the Company Page
These people have worked here
Ingénieur Commercial (en recherche d'opportunité)
Student in Embedded systems looking for an internship
Talent Management Specialist @ Amadeus