Cloud prototype for Airline Availability
Cloud prototype for Airline AvailabilityJoin us and shape the future of travel
Shaping the future of travel has always been important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
We work at the heart of the global travel industry. Amadeus offers you the opportunity to learn and grow and drive your own progression in an exciting and multicultural environment.
Our people are driven by a passion for 'Where next?' If you want to shape your career and the future of travel, Amadeus is the place for you.
The agile group you will integrate is providing cloud solution to distribute airline flight availability everywhere. This year, we deployed on Google Cloud Platform a solution providing Lufthansa availability to Google flight search solutions. It constitutes the first step of our strategy to componentise and distribute our solutions over the world for Amadeus airline customers.
In this tribe, several scrums work together to build this new cloud computing solution, to implement airline availability computation features and elaborate the tools to deploy and operate the solution in the cloud.
Goal of the internship is to go a step further, try to extend this concept to non-Amadeus airline inventory customers and implement a prototype to validate this new cloud concept that we call “Box”.
The role of this Box is to provide the best availability replies from its internal cache component (based on Couchbase technology) for an external airline with a guaranty of not going above a max response time.
The Box implements two flavours according to its type of connectivity:
· Connected flavor: when a connection with the airline is available (like in Amadeus Data Center) the embedded software optimize the usage of this connectivity (bandwidth, throughput, number of simultaneous conversations) to refresh its cache.
The best strategy to have an optimal cache quality is automatically determined and used.
· Embedded flavor: it is the case when the solution is deployed on a remote Cloud with no external connectivity. In this case, the Cross Datacenter Replication mechanism will be used to synchronize the cache between two Boxes.
You will participate with the team in building a prototype to validate this concept. You will be integrated in the scrum in charge of the cloud solutions, trained to our current cloud services layer and non-Amadeus products like Couchbase, Openshift, etc.
The internship will be split in three phases:
· Analysis phase: the objective is to understand the concept and to determine the different bricks of software to integrate. During this phase, we will define the selected airline candidate.
· Coding phase: at the end of this phase, you will help the team to deploy and to start the solution in both environments (Amadeus premises / clouds) with the activation of the cross data center replication.
· Validation of the concept: the simplest part showing that the cloud solution is behaving like the one in Amadeus data center (monitoring feature should be used). The hardest one showing that we have the same quality as the one today.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.