Site internet: http://www.amadeus.com
Apprenticeship: Desktop and Mobile Booking Engine prototype for airlineJoin us and shape the future of travel
Shaping the future of travel has always been important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
We work at the heart of the global travel industry. Amadeus offers you the opportunity to learn and grow and drive your own progression in an exciting and multicultural environment.
Our people are driven by a passion for 'Where next?' If you want to shape your career and the future of travel, Amadeus is the place for you.
Team Description :
The Impacted Systems and Interfaces department is in charge of all integration activities required to interface airline’s applications to Altéa system.
The activities of the team are managed from several Amadeus locations (Nice, London, Sydney,..) and in permanent contact with our customers all around the world, providing unique opportunities in terms of customer facing, worldwide travel and multicultural exchanges.
Activity range covers application scoping, interface identification, project management, customer support, web service integration, functional and technical consultancy.
Main Responsibilities :
e-Retail is Amadeus world famous booking engine that powers up many of Airlines Booking Website. e-Retail is launching a new flavour of its API, following modern trend of REST/JSON protocol and format. This API is designed to be both easy to use and powerful, with the objective to allow airlines to provide a specific end user experience to their customers and their developer community.
As part of our department activity, we are supporting the customers implementing eRetail interfaces, including this new one, which includes:
· product presentations and descriptions
· support of our client’s implementations
· help to solve incidents, reproduce issues using an API…
Objective of the internship is to showcase this new API by building a sample native mobile applications based on the most popular or trendy web application frameworks (ruby on rails, django, asp .net, AngularJS…). At first this application will rely on Amadeus API to build the main functionalities and then we aim at demonstrating how to aggregate 3rd party API (Google Maps, TripAdvisor,Uber, Expedia…) to enrich the end user travel experience. Several technologies can be used to interface with all the content providers.
The Application will target our test system and should be accessible internally within Amadeus network, deployed Internally in Amadeus for internal usage and demo.
A modern look and feel and a good usability of the tool are key points for its broad usage within the various teams likely to use the application.
Apprentice, with support of the team, will actively participate to the following:
- Use open source tools (swagger code generator) based on API documentation and delivery to create the application and manage authentication (OAuth2, API Keys) and functional queries.
- Build a site accessible internally and targeting test system (functional aspects of the site will be explained in detail by the team).
- Enlarge the site scope to allow easy comparison of API flavours and explain step by step how to create one (tutorial/demo…)
The intern will have the opportunity to acquire following knowledge:
- Technical web service skills (REST/JSON/ https)
- Web services Framework knowledge (Swagger)
- Amadeus leading functionality for airlines (PNR, Ticketing, Payment, e-Retail engine)
The main area of focus is around capitalization of experience.
Examples to be constructed need to be commented/documented extensively to be re-usable by all airlines clients.
The tool developed need to be maintainable and documented.
- fluent in English: oral & written
- skills in development of web applications
- Good communication and team working
- web service experience: REST, Soap, xml, http a plus
- Project Management a plus
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies:Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.