Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then you need to keep reading! When we’re looking to hire at Amadeus, we look internally first. Our teams get the benefit of your experience and you get more chances to grow and progress. So, if you are ready for a new challenge and want to drive your career, apply now!
I. Summary of the role
Amadeus is a leading provider of IT solutions for the global travel industry. Our North American R&D group in Greater Boston area is expanding!
The mission of the Search, Shopping and Pricing division is to offer travel search expertise to major customers such as Expedia, Kayak, Southwest and Delta.
Our scalable platform is massively distributed, with 150,000+ CPU computing up to 20,000+ commercial transactions per second, and continuously integrating schedule, fare and availability updates. Our team starts a major project consisting in migrating the infrastructure (25 million+ lines of code) into a cloud container orchestration stack.
We are looking for an enthusiastic software engineer who will contribute to the design and the development of the new stack, with a special focus on monitoring and operational concerns.
What do we offer:
· A collaborative Agile organization with teams spread across continents
· Opportunity to work with some of the best technical minds in the world
· Opportunities to lead and innovate/drive a new idea with management support
· Numerous benefits: awesome health plans, flexible working environment, game room, breakfast, technical conferences …
II. Main responsibilities
· Software design, documentation, development, validation and implementation of software modules
· Code quality (unit tests, performance tests…) and automation
· Software design, architecture proposal, adapted choice of technology
· Performance analysis and optimization
Education / Experience:
· Minimum requirement: BS/BA degree in computer science or related field or relevant experience
· > 5 years’ experience as software engineer
· > 3 years' experience as software engineer or devops in cloud container orchestration stack
General requirements :
· Open-minded, should be able to adapt to working in a multi-cultural team atmosphere
· Performance, SRE and devops mind-sets
· Ability to think out of the box, develop tools to enhance productivity
· Flexible to adapt to changing project needs
· Proven programming experience/expertise in python, go is a plus
· Excellent knowledge of cloud container orchestration related technologies: Docker and Kubernetes, Openshift and Prometheus are a plus
· Experience in monitoring a containerized stack (such as grafana or ELK)
· Knowledge in cross data centre data transfer: NoSQL (Couchbase), message broker (Kafka)
· Ability to come up-to-speed on a large code base and begin contributing quickly
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.