Site internet: http://www.alstom.fr
Mechanical Lead Engineer - Routing IntegrationAlstom
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Purpose of the job
· Defining in collaboration with the Electrical Architect and the Industrial department the electrical and pneumatic routing architecture of the train in project or tender phase.
· Working on Pneumatic and Electrical integration
· Managing the resources of the Mechanical Domain, activities and deliverables on a project in compliance with QCD commitments.
· Applying applicable Mechanical Domain instructions, processes & tools
· Performing project Mechanical Routing Domain activities in compliance with QCD commitments.
· Planning and piloting Mechanical Domain activities and related deliverables on project taking into account applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
· Ensuring Mechanical Domain deliverables quality according to Train Design (TD) rules and their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within committed limits.
· Defining requirements and mechanical, electrical and pneumatic interfaces to equipment (Allocated volume, weight, location, 3PL (clamping components, fasteners, electrical and pneumatic connectors etc.).
· Monitoring assigned Mechanical Sub-Systems deliveries conformity with project needs.
· Ensuring designers activities (checking respect of allocated volumes / Interfaces) taking into account project requirements (performances, manufacturability, serviceability, testability, etc.).
· Checking supplier's and sub-contractor's Design Quality
· Preparing and documenting Design Reviews according to project schedule and following-up the main open actions.
· Resolving Project Mechanical, electrical and pneumatic issues and following challenging actions (single-domain)
· Defining mitigation plans of the risks identified on Project Mechanical Routing Domain scope.
· Reporting on Mechanical Routing Domain activities progress and alerting and escalating in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments.
· Mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 3 to 5 years of experience.
· First experience in routing integration (electrical and pneumatic integration)
· Good knowledge of electrical synoptic
· Knowledge of electrical and pneumatic routing industrial and manufacturing means would be an asset
· Knowledge of electrical apparatus would be an asset
· Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer)
· Time management and reporting skill
· Sense of urgency / priority.
· Structured and organized with Hands-on approach.
· English operational in read/writing and technical meetings
Why Work for Us? At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry.
More about Alstom www.alstom.com
Job Type: Experienced