Mechanical Lead Engineer - Routing Integration
Mechanical Lead Engineer - Routing IntegrationAlstom
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Purpose of the job
· Defining in collaboration with the Electrical Architect and the Industrial department the electrical and pneumatic routing architecture of the train in project or tender phase.
· Working on Pneumatic and Electrical integration
· Managing the resources of the Mechanical Domain, activities and deliverables on a project in compliance with QCD commitments.
· Applying applicable Mechanical Domain instructions, processes & tools
· Performing project Mechanical Routing Domain activities in compliance with QCD commitments.
· Planning and piloting Mechanical Domain activities and related deliverables on project taking into account applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
· Ensuring Mechanical Domain deliverables quality according to Train Design (TD) rules and their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within committed limits.
· Defining requirements and mechanical, electrical and pneumatic interfaces to equipment (Allocated volume, weight, location, 3PL (clamping components, fasteners, electrical and pneumatic connectors etc.).
· Monitoring assigned Mechanical Sub-Systems deliveries conformity with project needs.
· Ensuring designers activities (checking respect of allocated volumes / Interfaces) taking into account project requirements (performances, manufacturability, serviceability, testability, etc.).
· Checking supplier's and sub-contractor's Design Quality
· Preparing and documenting Design Reviews according to project schedule and following-up the main open actions.
· Resolving Project Mechanical, electrical and pneumatic issues and following challenging actions (single-domain)
· Defining mitigation plans of the risks identified on Project Mechanical Routing Domain scope.
· Reporting on Mechanical Routing Domain activities progress and alerting and escalating in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments.
· Mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 3 to 5 years of experience.
· First experience in routing integration (electrical and pneumatic integration)
· Good knowledge of electrical synoptic
· Knowledge of electrical and pneumatic routing industrial and manufacturing means would be an asset
· Knowledge of electrical apparatus would be an asset
· Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer)
· Time management and reporting skill
· Sense of urgency / priority.
· Structured and organized with Hands-on approach.
· English operational in read/writing and technical meetings
Why Work for Us? At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry.
More about Alstom www.alstom.com
Job Type: Experienced
Discover the Company Page
These people have worked here
Etudiant en 2ème année de BTS SE au lycée Edouard Branly de Lyon
Carlos Corzo Durán
Fondateur d'Activkonnect et de Good Morning Planet