CAD GENERAL STUDIES
CAD GENERAL STUDIESAlstom
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Within Central Engineering, in the Train Design Department, we are looking for 2 Computer Aided Designers (CAD)
Purpose of the Job
· Performing 3D modelling, design annotations & dimensions and metadata.
· Checking 3D interfaces for external design.
· Applying applicable Mechanical Domain instructions, processes & tools
· Hierarchical Reporting: (Site) Mechanical Domain Leader (MDL)
Functional Reporting: Mechanical Engineer (ME)
Responsible for :
· Modelizing and storing allocated volumes and interfaces for sub-systems / components in Digital Mock-Up.
· Performing Detailed Design on internal sub-systems.
· Performing 3D, design annotations and 2D deliverables in compliance with QCD commitments, Metier rules and processes.
· Filling-up attributes for each part in Digital Mock-Up (naming, material, Fire & Smoke, etc.)
· Verifying consistency of digital mock-up (no clash, etc.) and compliance with requirements (allocated volumes, weight, interfaces, etc.) on assigned scope.
· Preparing and documenting Mechanical Domain Design Reviews according to N+1 instructions.
· Updating Digital Mock-Up taking into account Change Requests.
· Checking other CADs' and sub-contractor's Design Quality
· Realizing stack-up analysis.
· Realizing Bill of Material.
Contributor for :
· Proposing Design Optimizations (weight, cost, etc.)
· Supporting Manufacturing teams during Production ramp-up.
· Collaborating with Mechanical Domain Leader for continuous improvement of the Metier (including RoE).
· 3D Modelling, drawing rules and stack-up analysis.
· Structured and organised with Hands-on approach.
· English basics in read/writing.
Why Work for Us? At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry.
More about Alstom www.alstom.com
Job Type: Experienced
Discover the Company Page
These people have worked here
Etudiant en 2ème année de BTS SE au lycée Edouard Branly de Lyon
Carlos Corzo Durán
Fondateur d'Activkonnect et de Good Morning Planet