Site internet: http://www.alstom.fr
CAD GENERAL STUDIESAlstom
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Within Central Engineering, in the Train Design Department, we are looking for 2 Computer Aided Designers (CAD)
Purpose of the Job
· Performing 3D modelling, design annotations & dimensions and metadata.
· Checking 3D interfaces for external design.
· Applying applicable Mechanical Domain instructions, processes & tools
· Hierarchical Reporting: (Site) Mechanical Domain Leader (MDL)
Functional Reporting: Mechanical Engineer (ME)
Responsible for :
· Modelizing and storing allocated volumes and interfaces for sub-systems / components in Digital Mock-Up.
· Performing Detailed Design on internal sub-systems.
· Performing 3D, design annotations and 2D deliverables in compliance with QCD commitments, Metier rules and processes.
· Filling-up attributes for each part in Digital Mock-Up (naming, material, Fire & Smoke, etc.)
· Verifying consistency of digital mock-up (no clash, etc.) and compliance with requirements (allocated volumes, weight, interfaces, etc.) on assigned scope.
· Preparing and documenting Mechanical Domain Design Reviews according to N+1 instructions.
· Updating Digital Mock-Up taking into account Change Requests.
· Checking other CADs' and sub-contractor's Design Quality
· Realizing stack-up analysis.
· Realizing Bill of Material.
Contributor for :
· Proposing Design Optimizations (weight, cost, etc.)
· Supporting Manufacturing teams during Production ramp-up.
· Collaborating with Mechanical Domain Leader for continuous improvement of the Metier (including RoE).
· 3D Modelling, drawing rules and stack-up analysis.
· Structured and organised with Hands-on approach.
· English basics in read/writing.
Why Work for Us? At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry.
More about Alstom www.alstom.com
Job Type: Experienced