OPERATIONS - ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Principle Systems Engineer
We are a globally operating engineering and technology consulting group at the forefront of the digital and connected world. For 30 years, we have established ourselves as one of the global leaders in our field, accelerating innovation and business performance for the world’s largest industrial groups.
At AKKA, we pride ourselves on our strong entrepreneurial spirit and our culture of performance; we believe our success comes through our three core values: respect, ambition, and courage.
With more than 21,000 employees in centres of excellence around the world, AKKA employs a multi-sector approach and our unique ability to anticipate technological and industrial trends to write the future of industry alongside our clients.
AKKA are looking for a Principal Systems Engineer to join us for a project within the Defence industry. This will include working for our client onsite in Templecombe with some travel within the UK. The requirement is to provide support into test trials and broader Independent Verification and Validation (IVV) activities. Working to support with a hands-on approach, the engineering of the Radar Systems along with the ability to liaise with suppliers who are also contributing to the overall project in hand.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
· Production of Test Procedures
· Review of Supplier documentation
· Attendance at Training provided by the Supplier
· Conducting specific engineering trials
· Report generation from the trial and input into the System required
· Providing detailed support to the System
Skills & Knowledge Required
· Ability to work in a client facing scenario as well as hands on engineering approach
· Design and Engineering experience
· Radar System Experience
· Experience working within the Defence Industry
· Ability to create and document reports of project contribution
Europe, United Kingdom, South West
New Filton House, Filton 20 site, Golf Course Lane BS34 7PZ Bristol
Level of experience
3 to 5 years