Description de l'offre
Wind tunnel test Engineer Propulsion Simulation (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Wind tunnel test Engineer Propulsion Simulation (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
You will join the department in charge of experimental aerodynamic tests (wind tunnel test).
Tasks & accountabilities
In your role as Wind Tunnel Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for performing aerodynamic and aeroacoustics test campaigns in wind tunnels or laboratories.
As specialist in propulsion technology, you understand how to simulate propulsion systems on wind tunnel scaled models, and you master propulsion effect on the overall aircraft aerodynamics.
Acting as the Lead Engineer of the test campaign, you will be accountable for the aerodynamic or aeroacoustics quality of the results collected from the tunnel measurements. You will be supported by a testing team (model designer, model rigger, customers …) that you will have to lead from preparation of the test campaign to its successful completion.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Converging the test objectives, together with the customer focal point,
· Technically developing and supporting the testing project, especially focusing on the propulsion aspects,
· Being responsible for the project management, committing on planning and budget,
· Leading the testing team covering all project aspects,
· Being accountable for the good development of the project, securing the project deliverables,
· Being responsible for the testing documentation (model specification, test programme, test memo, lesson learnt, minutes of project kick-off & closure),
· Ensuring the proper project drumbeat and the associated weekly reporting,
· Performing the test campaign in the selected wind tunnel,
· Being responsible for the proper data definition and storage into the database,
· Being accountable for the quality of the experimental data delivered to the customers.
As part of the team, you will contribute to innovation & process improvement in close cooperation with the technical neural network.
This role will involve at least 4 business trips per year (mainly in Europe) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to a 5-years degree in Engineering or a related discipline,
· Knowledge in the following domains is key: aerodynamics, propulsion technology and testing simulation, measurement techniques & instrumentation,
· A proven experience in Project Management would be a strong asset,
· First experience in aeroacoustics and flight test environment would be a plus,
· Ability to successfully work with various stakeholders and in a positive project team spirit: good communication skills and transnational mind-set, energy and positive attitude, ability to work on several tasks in parallel,
· Advanced level of English and French.