Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a Hardware Development Engineer Aircraft Loading Systems (d/m/w) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join 'Ground Loading System'.
The Ground Loading Systems department is responsible for the development of loading systems for the Eurofighter fighter aircraft and the Tornado fighter bomber.
As part of the further development and maintenance of the systems, we are looking for a HW development engineer (d/m/w) to strengthen our team, with a special focus on cleaning obsolescence from the delivered systems as well as for new developments, creation of concepts and documentation, implementation of development, integration and qualification as well as delivery to the end customer.
The following exciting tasks await you:
- Assumption of responsibility for the entire HW of the Ground Loading Station (GLS) and Tornado Operational Support System - Technical Support System (TOGSS-TSS) ground equipment.
- Technical support and operation of the in-house systems as well as the customer systems in the squadrons
- Cleanup of HW obsolescences and execution of the HW integration test of the modified modules with update of the technical documentation
- For new development of HW components: Preparation of test specifications, test procedures and test reports as well as approval-relevant documentation within the framework of quality management, technical safety and type certification
- Independent performance of the acceptance test for quality assurance and quality inspection as well as for the end customer (compatibility tests)
- Setting the test results and documentation under Configuration / Version management
- Presentation and reporting to customers and management
- Takeover of operational responsibility for the MILBUS on-board computer laboratory
- Maintenance and renewal of measuring instruments according to specifications
- Responsibility for the new development of a measurement and test system for the implementation of MILBUS Validation Test according to MIL-Standard 1553
- Technical management of suppliers as well as in-house and external production
Ideally, you should have the following knowledge and qualifications:
- Degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or similar
- Experience in the development of HW on module and system level
- Initial experience with MILBUS 3838 and 3910 communication protocols is desirable
- Good knowledge of the application of complex electronic measurement and analysis equipment
- First experiences / knowledge in the field of RTCADO standards are desirable.
- Experience in the preparation of documentation suitable for approval
- Basic knowledge of the Eurofighter and Tornado avionics structure at module level is desirable.
- You are highly motivated, team player and communicative and have an analytical and structured approach.
- You speak fluent/business fluency German and English
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.