Description de l'offre
Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy has arisen for a Software Quality Assurance/Product Assurance Engineer to fulfil either or both of the roles - SW Quality Engineer (SQE) or Software Product Assurance Engineer (SPA). The SQE is typically part of one or more internal project teams and is resonsible for assuring the quality of the software developed by that team. The SPA, on the other hand, is part of the PA team on projects for Airbus is the Prime Contractor. Their job is to work alongside the project PA Manager and to assure the quality of the software Embedded in products developed by external suppliers.
You will join the TOQES3 department, which is responsible for assuring the quality of software developed internally by the 'On-Board Functional Chains' organisation within Satellites Engineering; and also supporting the ENS and Telecoms Product Assurance organisations by assuring the quality of Equipment-Embedded software acquired at Prime Level for a given satellite.
This is a challenging but exciting opportunity to work in a dedicated Quality Assurance team with a broad and ever-evolving range of responsibility, as well as offering excellent career opportunities This position has a fair degree of flexibility and can be adapted to suit the successful candidate.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1.Typical tasks at SQE level include:
- Definition of the quality objectives and the Project Software Quality Assurance Baseline, producing the applicable Software Quality Assurance Plan, Project Standards and Quality Operational Procedures.
- Supporting the Software Delivery Manager in the definition and the implementation of the overall software project processes, in the definition of the development logic and in the choice of methods and tools to be used.
- Assessment of the Software Processes and the quality of the various items of the Software Product through quality inspections, reviews, audits, collection and analysis of metrics.
- Support and possibly chair reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, TRR, TRB, DRB).
- QA Approval of all documentation.
- Assessment and reporting on the quality of the Software Product and Processes, in periodic reports and in the specific reports allocated to the Reviews.
- Management of the interface with the internal and/or external customer on Software Quality matters in agreement with the Software Delivery Manager.
By his/her knowledge of the processes implemented in the software project, his/her global approach and analysis capabilities, the SQE is a key actor in process improvement by suggesting improvement actions and participating in their implementation within the project.
2.Typical tasks at SPA level include:
- Prepare and maintain the Software Product Assurance Plan (SPAP).
- Interface with the PA Manager, Procurement Manager, and Customer on all subjects related to SW PA.
- Manage the Product Assurance actions and risks related to software.
- Participate in Project and Quality progress meetings as necessary.
- Support or participate in reviews performed at system level that include software aspects.
- Support to the Software Architect regarding Independent Software Verification and Validation (ISVV) activities, if any.
- Support the configuration management established at system level and related to software (e.g.CCB).
- Provide Software Product Assurance Report where necessary.
- Participate in the drafting of the SOW for suppliers.
- Verify the compliance of subcontractor's proposal (SOC, SQAP, SCMP, SRF, ASIC/FPGA plans).
- Contribute to the definition of ASIC/FPGA PA and the ASIC/FPGA design/validation/production requirements that will be made applicable to the subcontractor.
- Verify the correctness of the processes implemented by the subcontractor.
- Support ASIC/FPGA or equipment reviews with the subcontractor, including involvement of ASIC/FPGA experts when relevant
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Strong Software Quality Assurance and Software Configuration Management Processes and/or engineering background adhering to formal standards (in particular ECSS-E40 and ECSS-Q80).
- Exposure to real-time, embedded, mission-critical software, ideally in the space or aerospace environment
- Conversant with the requirements of ISO 9001 - familiarity with CMMI.
- Experience of product assurance of FPGAs and ASICs (desirable)
- Good knowledge and practical experience of the estimate and the financial monitoring of the tasks to be achieved.
- Comfortable dealing with customers and suppliers
- interpersonal and organisational skills, communication (written & verbal) and training capability, negotiation skills, customer focus and service orientation,strong problem solving skills.
- English : negotiation level