Description de l'offre
Airbus Defence and Space Guilford
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you interested in Remote Sensing data and Earth Observation (EO)? Are you looking at working with and analysing images of our beautiful Planet? Could you identify subtle differences between two images? Do you have strong customer service skills and a desire to provide an end user with the best service possible? Then this is the role for you!
A vacancy has arisen with Airbus in Guildford, to work in the Disaster Monitoring Constellation (DMC) Department. You will be joining the satellite Operations Team, responsible for processing and analysing remotely sensed satellite imagery and other geospatial data, for a range of clients in agricultural, forestry and disaster management applications. You will receive in depth and on the job training to perform the end-to-end operations for the Disaster Monitoring Constellation satellites.
You will be working on co-ordinated satellite constellation imaging campaigns: from gathering requirements to delivering the requested products and information to the customer. The duties in-between will be gathering the details on geographical areas of interest, tasking the satellites to acquire the images, and then receiving and processing the raw files from the instrument, turning them into image products.
Typical hours are 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday, from 08:30 to 17:00.
Furthermore, this role has the potential to contribute to a 24/7 on call support to operations out of working hours. This would be based on an on call rotation, assigned at least 3 weeks in advance and would entitle to an additional fee, both for on call availability and call out/worked hours. The rota is still to be defined based on customer's needs, however typically the rota is 1 night per week (~5pm - ~8am), and one Saturday and one Sunday every 5 weeks.
The successful candidate may need to gain UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
As a Satellite Products and Services Operator, you will be responsible for the production and delivery of high quality satellite imagery, imagery services and data products. This will be achieved by providing support to various projects and campaigns running within the DMC Department.
The following tasks are on-going daily within the DMC Operations Team:
· Manage the full end-to-end data ordering process
· Customer support including handling queries, requests and regular updates
· Working in close cooperation with 3rd parties
· Orthorectification and generation of image products
· Cloud cover analysis of image products
· Quality control assessment of products before customer delivery
· Coordination of the constellation and submitting data requirements to additional satellites
· Tasking of satellite imagery, following user requirements as well a background planning needs
· Follow set operational procedures, as well as provide input as required for updating the operational procedures and user guides
· Provide technical support, image and data product preparation for marketing and bid support
· Provide appropriate reports and logs of work undertaken by the Operations Team to appropriate stakeholders, including customers
The following skills and experience is required for Satellite Products and Services Operator role:
· Interest in EO data processing and applications
· An analytical and numerical background, with a degree level or equivalent in Remote Sensing / GIS / Geographical Sciences / Information Technology / Maths / Physics / Sciences or similar
· Knowledge of remote sensing, image processing and applied techniques
· Excellent attention to detail is mandatory for this role, especially when doing repetitive tasks following strict quality control procedures
· Good technical writing and presentation skills
· Experience in remote sensing applications specifically EO satellites and products, satellite planning, EO data catalogues, dataset creation and EO products handling is desirable, but training will be provided
À propos de Airbus
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).