Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a 'Quality Assurance (QA) constellation Solar Array (d/f/m)' has arisen with Airbus defence
The successful applicant will join 'Solar Array Quality Assurance OTN ”.
Task & accountabilities:
- You will perform defined quality inspection tasks for products and services covering key and mandatory inspection points
- This includes incoming inspection, inspection of all operations during manufacturing, assembly, integration, test, maintenance, repair and overhaul, and final conformance inspection prior to delivery using traditional and new methods.
- During the inspection tasks you will identify all deviations and attest the conformity of the product/service to the design or by using an inspection checklist/plan.
- In case of deviations you will carry out investigations into any quality issues, e.g. at shop floor level, propose containment actions, manage and/or support the search for root causes and propose corrective and preventive actions as well as improvements.
- You will also verify that the industrial environment, facilities, hardware, jigs & tools correspond to the operational & safety requirements.
- You will also guide and advise operators to take into account quality aspects to avoid any future issues, e.g. shop floor operators.
KEY DELIVERABLES: Filled Inspection Checklists/Plans, Product/Service Conformity at ''shopfloor'' level
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: to demonstrate Product/Service Conformity to Operations Quality Assurance
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications and experiences:
- You are educated to a Master’s Degree in Economics, General Business Administration, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Social Sciences, Project Management, or similar field of study
- You are experienced in the Solar Arrays business and about ELM/PLM-based inspection of Solar Arrays and analysis of results
- You have a good knowledge about Inspection of intermediate Solar Array products (CIC/SCA, module/string, PVA and wing)
- You have a good understanding of support to SPC Statistical Process Control
- You are familiar with automated/digital visual inspection methods and tools
- You are available to work in shift system
- You are a good team player and have excellent communication skills as you will be working in a dynamic multi-national teams
- You have good interpersonal and very good verbal and written communication skills in German and English
What do we offer:
· Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products
· Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
· Exciting development opportunities and perspectives
· Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
· Flexible working hours
· Compatibility of work and family life
· Attractive remuneration
· Company Pension Scheme
· Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities
· Catering facilities on site
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.