Description de l'offre
On Board Aircraft Performance Capability Engineer (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an On Board Aircraft Performance Capability Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
In the department in charge of the Engineering Flight Physics Capability, we play an essential role in providing disruptive and/or fit-for-purpose digital solutions. We continuously contribute to the design, development and through-life support of highly competitive and innovative aircraft.
By understanding and integrating the transverse needs of the overall aircraft physics we focus on those projects that are most valuable for Airbus. By bringing together our diverse competences and knowledge, we deliver complete flight physics capabilities for Engineering. And by building fully integrated multidisciplinary virtual models of the physical aircraft, we facilitate rapid business transformation.
Our "can do" attitude grows out of the ambitious, collaborative and proactive mind-set of our multi-skilled people and teams and our commitment to ground-breaking innovation in the aerospace industry.
Tasks & accountabilities
In the context of on-board aircraft performance modelling & simulation, you will be responsible for the complete development cycle and the management of a set of Engineering tools allowing the generation of aircraft performance models embedded in the aircraft such as FMS (Flight Management System) or TAWS (Terrain Avoidance & Warning System).
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Being responsible for preparing the development of the next generation of tools ensuring faster computations on a wide range of data, based on maximum commonalities and evolution flexibility,
· Deploying as well the continuous integration environment on your product line,
The main customer is the On board Aircraft Performance group of Aircraft Performance domain within AIRBUS Engineering.
In this context, you will evolve in an AGILE team and be responsible for:
· Delivering the right capabilities to our stakeholders, with the appropriate quality with respect to cost and time goals,
· Capturing and understanding end-users needs and requirements,
· Writing the users stories (definition and acceptance criteria),
· Performing Software acceptance tests,
· Deploying the continuous integration environment inside the product line.
You will also be responsible for:
· Growing in learning and understanding Business processes across Flight Physics and especially aircraft performance,
· Collaborating effectively with highly motivated, experienced and skilled developers within the extended transnational and multi-cultural Airbus environment.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· 5 years-degree in Engineering.
· Good software developer skills in at least one language (C, Python),
· Knowledge of Linux environment and tools development process,
· Knowledge of continuous integration tools: Git, Tuleap, Jenkins, Artifactory,
· Project Management: AGILE software development methodology (ideally Scrum). Willingness to develop prototypes under agile/sprint environment.
· Excellent team working experience with ability to co-ordinate, motivate and support other colleagues,
· Good communication skills to effectively interact within local and transnational teams, with suppliers and stakeholders,
· Enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity and a 'can do' attitude,
· Aptitude for problem-solving and innovation
· Negotiation level in English. Intermediate level in French would be a plus.