Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The candidate will be attached to Materials and Processes Laboratory which is in charge to screen, develop, evaluate, qualify and support materials and processes used on helicopters.
Based in Marignane in south of France, you will join the transnational department “Green Methodologies and Coatings” also located in Paris-Le-Bourget and Donauwörth (Germany).
You will be in charge to lead environmental approach within the Materials and Processes Laboratory.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your mission will be to
• To perform technological survey in his/her field of competence
• To build network and participate to external working groups to share best practices
• To support and influence environmental and Eco-design approaches of Airbus Helicopters
• To build/consolidate environmental roadmap of Material and process department
• To animate trans-métier and transnational deployment
• To realize Life Cycle Assessment on current/new technologies
• To support Materials and processes engineer to identify and implement optimization of technologies in respect to environment.
• To contribute to collaborative R&T projects
• To collaborate with other Airbus Helicopters departments or with other Airbus entities to promote mutualisation
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• The candidate must be engineer and must have a general material and process background and knowledge in environmental sciences/methodologies.
• You should have an experience with LCA Softwares (gabi, Simapro) and if possible notions of data management.
• You must have a first experience in Eco-Design and Life cycle Assessment if possible in automotive industry.
• You must be able to demonstrate leadership and be project management oriented.
• Capability to pay attention to detail, he/she must be able to synthetize informations.
• Able to work in collaborative environment, the candidate must have good relationships.
• French and English fluent (German will be appreciated)