Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a “Future Projects Mission Systems Architect” (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join „ Future Projects- Mission Systems“.
Shape the future of Airbus Defence and Space and become a member of our Future Projects Organization. For our future challenges in design, modelling and assessment of Mission System Concepts for manned and unmanned military aircrafts we are looking for a Mission Systems Architect for the Mission Systems Team.
Conceptual design and System Engineering of Mission Systems related architectures for manned and unmanned airborne platforms, specifically performing the following tasks:
· Identification, description and evaluation of respective customer requirements
· Design, development and evaluation of System elements or Sub-System concepts by Simulation or prototyping
· Performance of software based System modelling and characterisation applying MBSE methodology
· Generation of sofware codes for system capability modelling
· Preparation and performance of setting up demonstrations
· Documentation and presentation of work progress and results in front of internal and external customers
· Coordination and harmonization of work packages with internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· PhD in Information Technology or Electronics
· Programming skills in C, C++, Python, JAVA including compiling and scripting on LINUX based operating systems
· Experiences in software development tools and processes
· Experiences in applying Model Based System Engineering tools, processes and framework
· Knowledge in the area of autonomous mission planning and execution
· Knowledge in mobile communication and network systems
· Knowleged in data base programmes, e.g. DOORS
· Basic knowledge in mission systems and architectures
· First expericence in requirements generation and validation
· Office, LINUX and Windows applications
· Highly motivated, flexible working on different topics, open minded for daily challenges and innovations
· Team player
· Fluent in German, English
· Spanish and French would be an advantage
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.