Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Flight dynamics and control laws engineer – Flight test (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse. You will join Flight Mechanics & telemetry team.
Within the Flight Test Centre organization, the Flight Mechanics and Telemetry team is responsible for preparing and analyzing Flight Tests (FT) related to Flight Physics and Handling Qualities disciplines.
The Flight Mechanics and Telemetry engineers have a key role to carry out a safe and efficient FT campaign but also to certify Airbus products, through real-time telemetry follow-up and deferred-time FT analysis.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Preparing the FT campaign, defining and validating on-board and real time (telemetry) visualization tools.
· Following-up the FT in real time, through the telemetry center, providing the necessary support to the crew to ensure the validity and safety of the test.
· Performing differed time FT analysis on the FT data validity and on the behavior of the aircraft configuration tested
· Providing a synthetic and appropriate feedback to the relevant design teams (mainly handling qualities and flight control laws) and to the FT engineer team
· Ensuring an efficient real time follow-up of simulator sessions during concept development phases.
· Elaborating ATA 07 certification documents in close cooperation with the FT engineer team.
Thus, this job involves a close collaboration with FT engineer, FT instrumentation and engineering design teams.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
· Aerodynamics and/or Flight Mechanics as a technical basis
· Flight control laws and/or Piloting skills would be a plus
· Matlab / Python ability
· Use of initiative/proactivity, being flexible to adapt to an operational and reactive environment.
· Team playing attitude, able to address several topics with different stakeholders
· Command of English language and French language will be desirable.