Description de l'offre
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Elastomer Specialist has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in Marignane.
Within Airbus Helicopters Engineering Division, a Rotors and Suspensions design engineer job is vacant. You will join the 'Dynamic systems' department and you will work in the 'Rotors and Suspensions design' team.
You will be in charge of:
· Leading the roadmap dedicated to elastomeric components aiming at improving :
· Our understanding of their behaviours (in many domains: fatigue, dynamic, ageing, ...),
· Our capacity to predesign them,
· Our methods for substantiating and monitoring them in service, ...
· Performing elastomeric components development and qualification follow-up to be concluded by certification file redaction and validation,
· Performing the analysis of in-service incidents dealing with elastomeric components,
· Leading and monitoring the follow-up of the elastomeric components suppliers activities,
· Capitalising and sharing of in-development and in-service experiences related to elastomeric parts,
· Supporting R&S team members for elastomer topics.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
In addition to your transversal role, you will be part of R&S Legacy aircraft team and you will have to participate to rotors and suspensions design office activities as:
Ensure the best Rotors and Suspensions architectures selection regarding the helicopters specification (weight, RC, DMC, etc..);
Design the future Rotors and suspensions from the elementary part to the assembled system and from the 3D models to the detailed drawings taking into account fonctionals, kinematics, mechanic strengh and industrial constraints;
Ensure the qualitiy and conformity of Rotors and Suspensions deliverables and activities during the whole product development and in service life(studies, faisability, pre-development, development, initial production, entry into service, maturity);
Ensure the quality and the relevance of the Rotors and Suspensions test requests and conclusions, follow up and support laboratory and flight test associated activities;
3) Follow up and support
Managing Equipment suppliers activities (design, qualification, documentation, as well as issues related to industrialisation);
Performing the required project management activities (including the monitoring of the dedicated relevant OTD,OTC and OTQ KPIs);
Ensure the delivery and quality of the certification documents (technical description, FMECA, DDP, test conlusions, maintenance documents, elastomeric components substantiation, CMR substantiation, etc..) related to design activities and to be approved by the Authority;
5) In service
Manage the major incident analyses (with OTD and OTQ objectives);
Propose design changes in order to solve issues raised during production or in service.
You will be in regular interactions with many départements of the company such as porjects/programs, airworthiness, customers support, test (ground and flight), production centers, materials laboratories, assembly centers and work preparation or manufacturing engineering.
You will be in permanent interactions with rotors and suspensions stress and industrialization teams.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
· At least educated to a 5 years’ degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering with a specialisation in material/Elastomer or a related discipline.
· At least 3 years of overall experience.
· Experienced in supplier management would be a plus.
· Experienced in elastomer.
· Experienced in mechanical would be a plus.
· Negotiation level of French, Advanced level of English.