AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
This role can be based in Portsmouth or Stevenage.
A vacancy for a Configuration and Data Management (CADM) Officer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth or Stevenage. You will join the PMO within Secure Communications and be joining a small team.
You will primarily be responsible for the management of the Configuration and Data Management processes for UK Secure Comms business. You will provide a service that maintains our projects and products integrity throughout their lifecycle, by advocating, directing and coaching recognised best practice in Configuration Management in line with established company processes.
Acting as the professional supplier of requisite information to external customers and for internal customers, whether they be Product/Project or Functional team, you will be a reliable supplier providing guidance, advice and a professional service.
Tasks and Accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· To identify and document the functional and physical characteristics of products, control changes to those characteristics, to record and report change processing and implementation status and to verify compliance with business requirements and other applicable documents
· To ensure that project and product build standards meet stakeholder requirements.
· To support and maintain the project Configuration Management System (CMS), and ensure compliance against relevant processes and procedures.
· To support engineering teams in the identification and structure of Configured Items (CIs) and their related documentation
· To assist and provide guidance and support for Engineering Changes to established baselines
· To provide configuration status accounting inputs for reviews
· Processing, checking and distributing electronic files and documents to internal and external (Customer/Supplier) points of contact using a formal delivery process and appropriate tools / media
· Management of Software CM Tools, namely ClearCase and ClearQuest. Software Configuration Management, including maintenance of the software library and supporting software releases.
This role may involve UK some travel.
· Understanding of configuration principles specifically change control (version control), status accounting and configuration audits
· Knowledge, experience and track record of utilising Product Data Management (PDM) & DMS databases specifically WindChill
· Knowledge and experience of Software Configuration Management
· Very good oral and written communication skills
· Determined and focussed approach to complete a task (Completer/Finisher)
· Good working knowledge of the MS Office suite
Desirable Competencies – Training will be provided
· Working knowledge of ClearCase and ClearQuest Software applications
· Working knowledge of Windchill
· Knowledge of Bills of Materials (BOM) and the lifecycle of products
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
The successful candidate will be subject to SC in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.