Cockpit Operations Engineer/ Focal Point Weather (m / f)
Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world's most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters - generated revenues of € 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
· Seeking a new challenge?
· Energized by a dynamic working environment contributing to new business opportunities?
· Interested in working with our pilots, colleagues from customer services, international partners, suppliers?
If you answered "Yes!" to all three questions above, keep reading ….
We are looking for a Cockpit Operations Engineer/ Focal Point Weather.
You will join a team that proposes and defines cockpit functions that support safer, more efficient and effective operation of our aircraft, considering in particular:
· the operational use of these functions by the crew,
· the applicable regulations,
· the insertion of the aircraft in the traffic,
· the insertion of the aircraft in the Flight Operations of the airlines.
· Lead/support the development of weather applications to be hosted on the Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) and their functional integration in the cockpit
· the design, development, validation of airborne functions using uplinked Aeronautical and Meteorological Information (AIM/MET) within SESAR 2020
· Represent Airbus in an international working group in charge of developing standards on future AIM/MET DataLink Services
· be focal point for all weather related projects
The job will also allow being involved closely in the development of new ideas for services.