Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A new Apprenticeship offer has arisen to investigate Artificial Intelligence for PLM within Airbus in Blagnac , France.
As part of an initial training course, you are looking for an apprenticeship contract, for a period of 1 to 3 years, in order to validate your studies. The maximum duration of the contract can be extended to 4 years for people recognised as 'disabled workers'.
This apprenticeship offer is to be filled before December 2020.
Context & Environment :
Within Airbus IT, the R&T and Innovation department of the PLM area is in charge of managing Airbus IT Research Projects, and of fostering Innovation .
In this frame, proposed Apprenticeship aims at:
· Assessing AI opportunities within Airbus PLM .
· Planning, developing and demonstrating one implementation deriving from this opportunity study.
Additional details about the Apprenticeship mission :
· You will start your activity with the analysis of Airbus PLM status, thus taking benefit of known past, present and next-to-be solutions. This will be supported by such activities as interviews with multiple kinds of actors (end-users, CTO members, tool managers,…).
· Your activity will then lead you to synthesize the outcome of the interviews, and to point out where AI might be bringing a plus, be it via data analytics activities or even neural networks implementations, and present this synthesis.
· Then you will list opportunities, and select a project from this list, thus outlining all project aspects (costs, ROI, time to develop, time to industrialize,…).
· Then you will finally develop proposed project, and demonstrate it.
Your Boarding Pass :
· You are looking for an Apprenticeship to prepare your BAC+5 degree specialising in Applied Mathematics , Computer Science or Product (or production system) Architecture Design.
· Good knowledge of new digital means : Machine Learning methodologies and tools.
· Knowledge of state of the art Simulation techniques especially for multi-disciplinary applications.
· Understanding of Data Analysis techniques.
· Good Communication and Networking skills.
· Advanced level of English and French.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.