Work with product teams to create high-quality prototypes and samples. Fabricate and assemble materials and components using various types of machinery and hand tools; including machines for cutting, sanding, buffing, sewing, and lasting.
· Construct and assemble footwear samples and prototypes using various methods, processes, materials, and machinery
· Assist in all creation phases; from sample construction and assembly, to model and mold making
· Maintain all chemical materials and supplies needed for creation of footwear samples
· Perform minor maintenance and repair on shop machinery and equipment as needed
Knowledge Skills and Abilities :
· Advanced experience in shoemaking in production environment
· Ability to solve practical problems and manage a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Experienceworking with solvents, chemicals, polyurethane, epoxy, and silicone
· Ability to identify design issues and offer solutions to improve functionality and manufacturability of product.
· Ability to work independently under a deadline on several projects simultaneously with minimal input.
· Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot errors with mechanical equipment
· Ability to work in a shop environment and be comfortable working with industrial machinery
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
Required: end to end shoemaking experience, ideally with performance footewar
· Associates degree in related field and/or equivalent high school diploma
· Two to four years of experience in shoemaking or related field.
· Experience working in a shop environment using a variety of tools and machinery.