Description de l'offre
Country: United States
Job Function: Retail (Back Office)
State / Province: Oregon
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Portland
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
To play a supportive role in achieving divisional sales and profitability goals within the assigned direct-to-consumer concept. This role assists Buying with in-season product management (drive increased range productivity, maintain targeted inventory levels, and react to trends in the business), merchandising strategy, and the coordination of day-to-day operations and administrative duties to ensure deadlines can be met. Participate in reporting and data analysis to support in making merchandising business decisions to drive optimal on-shelf availability, sell-through, and profitability.
· In alignment with management, support the seasonal strategy for area of responsibility and help to create best in class channel relevant buys specific to our consumer and on trend that drive top line sales and profitability to achieve targets
· Support the creation of all aspects of order management/purchasing functions including stock category transfers
· Conduct weekly analysis of the current business and make recommendations to the buyer based on the analysis
· Participate in weekly trading meetings. Make call outs of missed opportunities in business.
· Attend department and cross-department meetings, acting as the key note-taker and ensuring notes are distributed to appropriate members
· Drive generation of accurate reporting and sales recaps, weekly and ad hoc, including brand initiative products
· Identify and support with promotional opportunities at the category, concept, collection and article level to maximize sales for both pre-season and in season for all tiers and regions
· Perform research, prepare and consolidate for special assignments and prepare PowerPoint or other presentations that reflect professionally the intent of the Department Head
· Construct and deliver daily, weekly and monthly metrics reports
· Manage article set-up with correct hierarchy, pricing and season codes
· Resolve tickets related to merchandising operations for assigned stores
· Assistant Buyer responsibilities will vary slightly based on the category and channel supported (Factory Outlet, Concept Stores, or 3rd Party). Channel-specific duties may include the following:
· FO: Provide administrative support related to mark-downs and promotion uploads, and communicate promotions to the retail field.
· Concept Stores: Work with Marketing to prepare for product launches and communicate appropriately to retail field. Providing product launch recaps report to Buyer for analysis on launch success.
· 3rd Party: Assist with 3rd party vendor set up and article creation process, assist with quick-turn product situations to take advantage of adidas brand moments, and work with 3rd party vendors to help manage seasonal buys
· Market CTC (Assortment Planning and Range/Price Architecture) and Brand Marketing Teams
· DTC Finance Team
· DTC Operations Team
· Supply Chain and Demand Planning Teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint
· Advanced Excel skills, and a thorough understanding of macros, pivot tables, lookup formulas, formatting, etc.
· Strong analytical skills, familiarity with Retail KPI’s, and a thorough understanding of retail math
· Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build successful relationships within a team and cross-functionally
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to exercise good judgment and effectively use decision making skills, confidently handling ambiguous situations and/or issues that may arise
· Ability to effectively present information to an individual or group, both written and verbally
· Ability to work independently (particularly in the absence of supervisor) and be a solution-based thinker
· Ability to effectively and professionally communicate via phone, e-mail and face to face
· Ability to work well in a team environment in any capacity
· Ability to multi-task within a fast paced, changing environment, and the ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
· A passion for sports and an interest in the athletic industry and trends and/or athletic product lines preferred
· Interest in Retail industry and understanding of sports and style preferred
· A Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university and a minimum one year related experience; equivalent combination or education and experience may be substituted
· Degree with emphasis in Merchandising, Marketing or Business Management preferred