Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Procurement & Supply Chain - Operations
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
We are working on behalf of a client who has grown considerably in the last few years and they are looking to expand their purchasing team. The successful candidate will have experience in purchasing or sales administration, an understanding of procurement principals and be confident in liaising with internal and external suppliers.
The ideal candidate would have;
· High quality communication skills
· Be able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
· The ability to pick up systems and processes quickly
· Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
· General Administration Duties
· Research potential vendors and providing details to the senior purchasing team
· Track orders and ensure timely delivery
· Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
· Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
· Processing purchase orders
· Stock control
· Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
· Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
· Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
· Working on an ERP system
· You will need to be good at problem solving and working to tight deadlines
Training will be provided on the job by the management team.
Monday to Thursday - 7.30am - 4.30pm Friday 7.30 - 12.00pm (Shifts can be flexible)
This is a 12-week temporary assignment to start as soon as possible working a 35 Hour working week, Monday to Friday. Possibility of going permanent will depend on the clients budget.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy