Birmingham, West Midlands
£ 9.74 - £ 10.76 / Hour
Accountancy & Finance - Credit Control
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
We are recruiting two cash allocation/credit control administrators to be responsible for the timely allocation of cash from customer payments in a proactive manner to ensure customer accounts are accurate and up to date. Investigates Unallocated Cash and Unidentified Payments, and assigns to correct customer account. Works closely with Credit Control for query resolution and underpayment settlement. Build close relationships with Sales and work collaboratively to resolve payment allocation issues and disputes.
This is a three month temporary contract, full time in Edgbaston on an hourly salary of up to £10.76 per hour. Working hours are 08:30-16:30 and you must be available to start immediately.
· Allocation of receipts to customer invoices and credit notes - electronic bank receipts, card payments, cheques, drafts and cash.
· Contact branches and customers on remittance enquiries.
· Identify and raise queries on over and under payments received.
· Clear unallocated cash to customer accounts and isolate unidentified cash.
· Update customer accounts for returned payments
· Assist in the reconciliations of customer accounts
· Participate in initiatives that contribute to a lean process culture.
· Experience within Accounts Receivable.
· Previous experience in a Shared Services environment would be an advantage.
· Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to make timely and rational decisions based on relevant information and experience
· Good standard of written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work calmly and effectively whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy