· Spa Front Desk Hosts: reception, reservations and hosting.
· Provide administrative support to spa departments as needed.
· Ensure smooth operation of reception, hosting and reservations.
· Supervision of reception (hiring, procedures, accounting).
· Provide spa tours, when needed.
· To attend promotional functions as appropriate.
· Handle special assignments.
· Co-ordinate sales activities when needed.
· Maintain accurate records as required.
· Work with the Spa Director in the formulation of plans for projects and other areas.
· Assist in the administration and implementation of Staff training in aspects of the Spa’s operations, i.e. business telephone usage, guest relations, retail sales, spa services (massage, facial, etc.).
· Assist in the supervision of all spa departments:
· Sales and marketing
· Facility operations
· Maintain inventory and stocking of all reception materials.
· Act as a liaison between spa and internal and external contacts.
· Effective scheduling of the reception.
· Monitor and effectively control reception payroll.
· Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
· Maintain inventory of supplies for the administration of the spa facility.
· Maintain accurate records as required by provincial regulations.
· Conduct selection interviews for new hires as and when required.
· Conduct weekly/monthly reception departmental communication meeting and to represent facility operations in weekly spa departmental meetings.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
· Follow and ensure that Colleagues adhere to all safety procedures and practices.
· Development of and adherence to reception department emergency procedures/safety manual.
· Ensure all departments adhere to all safety practices of Raffles Spas.
· Maintain the reception in peak condition at all times, while adhering to all aspects of the operations budget, including payroll.
· Prepare and present monthly budget reports and to assist in the preparation of annual operational budget.
· Control expenses and payroll.
· Seek the spa's ability to maximise revenues by analysing the day to day bookings, future bookings and co-ordinating schedules and services with Managers, Supervisors and Spa Front Desk Hosts accordingly.
· Ensure reception department maintains a positive relationship with all departments in the spa and hotel.
· Responsible for all aspects of reception Colleagues i.e. hiring, recognition, progressive corrective action, training etc.
· Responsible for the efficient training of all reception Colleagues in all aspects of job tasks, and to assist in the training and development of new hires and current Personnel.
· Ensure Colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel's policy relating to safety.
· Responsible for all spa departments training in pertinent emergency procedures and ensuring that all departments are well versed in facility operations (cross training).
· Ensure all Colleagues adhere to all hotel standards as stated in the employee handbook.
· Conduct reception department performance appraisals in a timely manner.
· Ensure efficient communication between all departments as relating to the operation of the reception department.
· Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
· Ensure Guest/Member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the spa's first priority.
· Ensure cross training of all Colleagues in reception department and facilitate training in other spa departments.
· Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· University or College degree in related field.
· Basic Accounting.
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
· Safety oriented First Aid.
· CPR ‑ Basic Rescuer.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.