In charge of meal preparation, you ensure that all activities are carried out correctly and on-time. In the restaurant, you establish the menu and dishes together with the Sous chef and Head chef plus restaurant manager and you ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through you watchful presence.
Overview of duties
- Provide smooth running services and a high standard of production by managing his/her kitchen
-Works autonomously to produce dishes in compliance with cooking instructions
- Work alongside a team comprising of the Head Chef, Sous chef, de partie's,commis chefs' and Kitchen porters
- Is responsible for the organisation, coordination and service of the kitchen'
Professional techniques / Production
- Produces and presents the dishes for the section in line with the cooking instructions and processes defined by the hotel and brand
-Ensures that dishes are well presented, of a high standard and at the right temperature
-Delivers dishes in good time to suit guests' wishes
- Organises his/her work and timing to suit fluctuations in guest numbers, special events and particular guests'
-Leads the team under his/her responsibility and creates a good working atmosphere and fully embraces the Accor Heartist culture
-Organises and supervises the work carried out by the commis chefs plus apprentices in the area under his/her responsibility
Management and administration
- Has strong leadership qualities with all aspects of team management
-Has managed a team previously and can demonstrate successes
- Is a strong managerial present in the kitchen and leads by example
- Is actively involved in meeting the department's targets:
- by following the cooking instructions to the letter
- by avoiding waste and loss of food items
- by respecting the procedures and internal audits applicable in the hotel
-manages stocks of equipment by avoiding breakages'
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
-Ensures that the workplace remains clean and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations
-Ensures all Accor and EHO procedures are in place and followed
-Respects the instructions and safety guidelines for the equipment used
-Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
-Respects the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)'