We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what's possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our clients' needs across their entire value chain. Whether we're defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector's brightest people use the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
We are currently looking for professionals for our Cyber Security Services aka “CSS” practice with extensive experience in the following:
Job Description for Principal Software Development Product Owner :
The Principal Product Owner (PO) supports the SCRUM team, serving as the bridge between product management and Engineering, walking the line between business requirements and technical implementation. The PO drives delivery through leadership and influence and ensures deliverables provide the greatest value to customers while balancing business goals, team velocity, time dependencies and risks.
Customer Proxy and Product Evangelist:
· Taking the product roadmap, the PO defines the technical vision. The PO acts as the voice of the customer. The PO identifies the features and scope of what the SCRUM team will deliver. This includes decomposing business requirements into meaningful epics and designing storyboards and user stories.
· The PO collaborates with the SCRUM team(s) to (a) come up with stories that articulate the value of new products or new features, (b) to set sprint and release goals, (c) flush out unclear requirements or stories, and (d) motivate and influence for successful deliveries.
Leadership and Prioritization:
· The PO provides leadership to the engineering team by articulating customer needs, facilitating the creation of solutions, prioritizing investments, and negotiating trade-offs.
· The PO receives demonstrations of completed user stories and provides feedback on acceptance criteria and quality of the solution.
· With input from the product manager and other stakeholders, the PO builds, prunes, and maintains a backlog consisting of user stories and defects. Backlog items are prioritized based on user value, time dependencies, and risk reduction. The PO also reviews and re-prioritizes the backlog as part of the preparatory work for longer term release planning, including coordination of any dependencies with other POs. This includes:
· Driving story elaboration/”story time”: Ensuring that the backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next
· Ensuring the engineering team understands items in the backlog to the level needed
· Set release goals and manage scope of release
· The PO will champion the user experience end-to-end by working with a cross-functional team of UI developers, architects and visual designers to ensure the product or features are intuitive and designed with a long lifespan in mind.
Accepting completed stories:
· The PO is the person responsible for accepting completed stories so they can be released to production. This includes validating that the story meets acceptance criteria.
· The PO is the bridge between product management and the development team. The PO is the point of contact for each group, allowing each to focus on separate goals. Product management will focus on customers and the market while the dev team will focus on technical execution without other stakeholder distractions. The PO also interfaces with other stakeholders (UI developers, architects, etc.) to drive successful deliveries.
Product or Feature Demo:
· The PO demos product or feature delivered by SCRUM team to key stakeholders and product managers. The PO uses the feedback to prioritize and refine the backlog.
Greater Scope and Span:
· The PO also participates as an active member of the extended Product Manager/Product Owner team, where he/she contributes to the vision and roadmap, and actively participates in program level backlog refinement and release planning preparation. This includes:
· Coordinating with other PO's in Product Council to align on priorities for the release
· Participating in other Agile communities
· Looking for continuous improvement and efficiencies
· Working cross-functionally, solving problems across the company and multiple SCRUM teams
· Mentoring and coaching other SCRUM teams
Ideal candidate profile
· Minimum 5 years technical background and aptitude
· Minimum 3 years of experience as PO in Agile environment.
· Minimum 5 years of industry experience in software development, systems administration and/or technical consulting/support.
· Minimum 3 years broad knowledge of security industry and competitors.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
· Java or C++ languages
· More than working knowledge of one of the following Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux or Windows.
· CSPO or PSPO certification
Professional Skill Requirements:
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to work with product managers and business stakeholders to translate customer needs into technical details.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate, influence and persuade others.
· High energy and ability to demonstrate clear vision.
· Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and able to clearly define different delivery options and their respective tradeoffs.
· Ability to prioritize for greatest business value. Strong decision maker
· Must be a strong presenter (knowledgeable, charismatic, lucid, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability in strategic thinking and leadership
· Strong business acumen and analytical skills, especially the ability to evaluate a mix of both quantitative and qualitative data.
· Demonstrated track record as a PO in delivering successful releases
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.