Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Reston, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Accenture Federal Services is seeking a DevOps Engineer to support a US Federal client based in Reston, VA.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Design, develop, configure, test, and deploy a portfolio of custom and COTS applications that provide enterprise DevOps services
· Apply experience with systems administration, AWS cloud infrastructure, software development, and/or agile scrum to implement and expand DevOps capabilities
· Deliver new DevOps capabilities and support existing systems (i.e. research and integrate new tools and DevSecOps capabilities)
· Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment including regular contact with customers and development teams
· Analyze technical problems and develop recommendations
· Gather and document system requirements and develop system design specifications
· Research, define, document and share DevOps standards, principles and practices development teams should adopt and assist with adoption
· Develop, configure, integrate and security and functional testing software
· Automate testing, infrastructure stand-up, deployment, monitoring, and other development and operational activities
· Use prior software development or scripting experience to configure and integrate tools, diagnose errors and automate processes
· Assist developers and development teams with implementing DevOps tools
· Learn, demonstrate and share DevOps principles and administration of DevOps tools
Ideal candidate profile
· BS degree
· Experience with development projects and agile methodology
· Development/engineering or Unix/Linux systems administration
· US Citizenship; dual citizens not eligible Preferred Qualifications:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Experience with software development tools including Jira, Confluence, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, Node/application scanning (Arachni, Nessus, SonarQube, etc.), and log file auditing (ELK)
· Experience administering cloud infrastructure or developing in a cloud environment such as AWS
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.