Description de l'offre
Working without appreciable direction, develops, maintains and communicates finished goods manufacturing schedules for a value stream/multiple manufacturing lines to build products which meet finished goods demands thus shipping products to customers in a timely manner. Creates manufacturing schedules to achieve zero backorders, a key performance indicator.
• Partners with manufacturing management to assess efficiency of manufacturing lines and analyze capacity.
• Leads weekly meetings with key stake holders to ensure recommended manufacturing schedule will meet all business demands. Meeting may include stakeholders from some or all of the following functions: manufacturing, supply chain, clinical, regulatory, quality and marketing.
• Implements policies set by SC mgt. to manage finished goods and raw material inventory.
• Continuously review existing processes for alignment with current business needs. Develop, gain buy in, and roll out process enhancements which may impact multiple value streams.
• Generates highly complex reports and performs data analysis to proactively plan or resolve issues.
• Develops and provides a detailed scheduling plan for finished goods which supports the top level approved build plans, assuring quantity and mix are clearly communicated to manufacturing and other manufacturing groups.
• Releases work orders in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and updates Kanban quantities to support build plans.
• Reviews forecast data, backorder reports and commodity/purchasing updates, including early warning signs, to prioritize and expedite manufacturing jobs to prevent or clear backorders.
• Reviews and updates material master data on regular basis to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
• Manages safety stock in partnership with purchasing.
• Approves and creates rework or special work orders in the ERP system.
• Reviews and updates outdated open jobs which require rescheduling or closing.
• Partners with purchasing and warehousing to minimize and dispose of slow moving, obsolete, and expiring inventory.
• Provides system training and guidance to junior members of the team.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Works with standard office equipment such as telephone, cellular phone, fax/copier, and a personal computer with standard office software.
Working environment varies from standard office/cubicle with air/sound/light control to general laboratory and production areas with varying physical conditions including \"clean room\" situations.
Activities require a significant amount of sitting in front of a computer monitor, some standing and walking. Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office equipment. Performs tasks that regularly require good correctable vision and hand/eye coordination. Activities also require significant use of voice and hearing for discussions with other employees.
• Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Business or equivalent
• 5 years of progressively responsible experience in manufacturing schedule planning
• 3 year of experience with planning/work order systems
• 3 year experience working in a medical device manufacturing environment preferred.
• APICS or other planning related certification preferred
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
JOB FAMILY:Supply Chain
DIVISION:SH Structural Heart
LOCATION:United States > Menlo Park : 3885 Bohannon Drive
TRAVEL:Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf