Sr. Informatics Test Engineer
Description de l'offre
Primary function is to test both medical and non-medical device informatics products. Participates in a team- oriented environment to develop requirements and design for desktop, web and mobile applications.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop and execute manual and automated software test plans for desktop, web and mobile medical and non-medical informatics products.
- Develop software test cases (black and white box).
- Analyze product risks and develop suitable mitigation plans (software, usability, labeling, training, other) in conjunction with the Informatics developers.
- Helping in testing documentation review, develop testing standards, define criteria for testing, analyze test results, and present results to developers and other stakeholders.
- Provide testing & allied documentation in conformance with regulatory, security and privacy standards for all types of testing such as functional, performance, regression, other.
- Provide input to systems and applications developers on testing procedures and requirements, schedules, or potential problems according to regulations and standards.
- Contribute to a sustainable Continuous Integration infrastructure with centralized software builds and automated testing environment
Position Accountability / Scope
- The individual is responsible for testing (verification and validation) of informatics products in compliance with internal policies and procedures, both US and Foreign regulatory standards and requirements.
- The individual must have prior experience operating in Scrum-based development teams.
- She/he will work with a broad range of technologists and support personnel within Abbott.
- Self-driven individual with the ability to take ownership of her/his activities.
Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or closely related discipline with two to four years of related work experience or sufficient transferable experience to demonstrate functional equivalence to a degree. Minimum 2 years' experience.
- Bachelor's degree in one the following: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Informatics or Information Systems. An advanced degree in one of the above disciplines is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience at a startup, mid- to large-sized corporation is required. The candidate must have experience in developing and launching unique software / informatics products in one or more industries: healthcare (preferred not required), logistics, defense, etc.
- The candidate must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- 2+ years in development of specifications, test documentation, procedures and reports
- Good knowledge of SW Testing tools such as Selenium, JIRA, TestComplete (preferred).
- Very good knowledge of testing strategies and approaches (data-driven, keyword-driven, white-box and black-box, regression, functional vs non-functional).
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management tools such as Jama is highly desired.
LOCATION:United States > Lake Forest : CP01 Floor-4
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf