At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary function is to test both medical and non-medical device informatics products. Participates in a team- oriented environment to develop requirements and design for desktop, web and mobile applications.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop and execute manual and automated software test plans for desktop, web and mobile medical and non-medical informatics products.
- Develop software test cases (black and white box).
- Analyze product risks and develop suitable mitigation plans (software, usability, labeling, training, other) in conjunction with the Informatics developers.
- Helping in testing documentation review, develop testing standards, define criteria for testing, analyze test results, and present results to developers and other stakeholders.
- Provide testing & allied documentation in conformance with regulatory, security and privacy standards for all types of testing such as functional, performance, regression, other.
- Provide input to systems and applications developers on testing procedures and requirements, schedules, or potential problems according to regulations and standards.
- Contribute to a sustainable Continuous Integration infrastructure with centralized software builds and automated testing environment
Position Accountability / Scope
- The individual is responsible for testing (verification and validation) of informatics products in compliance with internal policies and procedures, both US and Foreign regulatory standards and requirements.
- The individual must have prior experience operating in Scrum-based development teams.
- She/he will work with a broad range of technologists and support personnel within Abbott.
- Self-driven individual with the ability to take ownership of her/his activities.
Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or closely related discipline with two to four years of related work experience or sufficient transferable experience to demonstrate functional equivalence to a degree. Minimum 2 years' experience.
- Bachelor's degree in one the following: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Informatics or Information Systems. An advanced degree in one of the above disciplines is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience at a startup, mid- to large-sized corporation is required. The candidate must have experience in developing and launching unique software / informatics products in one or more industries: healthcare (preferred not required), logistics, defense, etc.
- The candidate must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- 2+ years in development of specifications, test documentation, procedures and reports
- Good knowledge of SW Testing tools such as Selenium, JIRA, TestComplete (preferred).
- Very good knowledge of testing strategies and approaches (data-driven, keyword-driven, white-box and black-box, regression, functional vs non-functional).
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management tools such as Jama is highly desired.
LOCATION:United States > Lake Forest : CP01 Floor-4
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf