Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working under minimal supervision, performs relatively operational checks, preventative maintenance checks and accuracy verification of measurement and test equipment used in production, and research and development (R&D).
- Calibrate new components according to written protocols.
- Maintain accurate written and calibration records.
- Apply existing work methods to different situations and solves problems ranging from recurring/routine to complex situations.
- Utilizing various measurement/test equipment and computers, calibrates electronic test measuring equipment and signal generating equipment to conform to set standards.
- Tests, calibrates, adjusts, and maintains measuring and indicating instruments. • Writes calibration procedures, prepares documentation, inputs data, and generates reports.
- Reviews laboratory reports, procedures, proposed engineering changes, tooling prints and documentation for appropriateness and accuracy.
- Sets up calibration sequences, methods and procedures according to detailed specifications, documents, drawings, and requirements.
- Disassemble, cleans, repairs, and replaces defective parts of test equipment.
- Applies theoretical principals, evaluation, ingenuity, and creative/analytical techniques to identify route cause of calibration problems.
- Perform relatively complex assignments and solves problems that may have a variety of solutions.
- Adapt existing work methods to different situations.
- Resolves unusual, nonstandard problems.
- May serve as lead and assign work to less experienced personnel; reviews work of lower-level employees for quality and content; serves as a mentor when assisting less experienced staff in solving more complex problems.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Precision Measurement Electronics Lab (PMEL) certification in the U.S. military or equivalent electronics training desired
- 8 or more years of progressively more responsible related work experience in the calibration of test equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the job, including the ability to set up and operate standard Metrology instruments, including oscilloscopes, counters, function generators, power supplies, and related equipment
- Established eye-hand coordination, the capability to work with small precision devices and frequently used hand tools, a comprehensive knowledge of the calibration and test equipment, and the ability to work independently under minimal supervision • Demonstrated ability to read, write and converse in technical terminology, and perform a range of mathematical calculations and measurements
- The ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English is also required; this requirement includes clear, understandable speech and demonstrated comprehension skills
- The ability to successfully pass a reading comprehension pre-employment examination is mandatory.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf