Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Meeting Coordinator will coordinate, plan and organize internal and external business-related functions, trade shows, symposiums, conferences, program events, banquets, and VIP briefings. Develops on-site and off-site plans and budgets. Investigates, coordinates, arranges and contracts for major hotel accommodations and services, charter air and ground transportation, communications and facilities support, client and guest entertainment, passport and VISA clearances, program functions, and similar activities to support company marketing and customer relations. Directs multiple service contractors and subcontractors orchestrating large-scale events supporting highest level company executives, marketing and field teams.
- Collaborates with Marketing staff/management, and course directors to create agendas for proposed visits, courses, and symposia to ensure program objectives are successfully met. This includes proposals, budget management, and project management.
- Organizes and facilitates program planning meetings (e.g., strategy sessions, progress checks) to ensure that all parties involved are properly informed and contributing, as necessary, to assure program success and to ensure that program objectives are met.
- Communicates with customers to ensure that curriculum is designed to meet program objectives and to coordinate logistics for their participation in the event (e.g., hotel, transportation, schedule).
- Develops relationships with Key Opinion Leaders to encourage continued participation and to foster positive relationships between Abbott and clinicians.
- Communicates with management and sales representatives to coordinate their participation in customer visits by determining the nature of their involvement (e.g., presentation, tour, lunch) and informing them of the logistical details (e.g., room, time, AV equipment). Provides direction to third party vendors by meeting to incorporate ideas, goals, and budget and to ensure vendor has clear concept of what is required for the final product.
- Manages all aspects of registration for courses including invitations, travel and hotel accommodations, rooming lists, and ticket distribution to ensure that logistics are effectively managed for all participants and faculty.
- Attends events to ensure that details associated with participants, lodging, equipment needs, guest speakers and agendas are attended to and that problems are corrected.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programs by soliciting participant feedback, summarizing results, and formulating recommendations to determine successes and areas of improvement, which will be used to improve subsequent program effectiveness.
- Identifies opportunities to develop promotional programs and events in order to create awareness of Abbott Vascular products and services and build relationships with customers.
- Archives all documents and records pertaining to program management (e.g., research files, contracts, agreements, correspondence) by maintaining secure files to ensure program/project information remains confidential and is available for future reference.
- Prepares status reports by analyzing and compiling data, projections, and relevant information for submission to senior management to ensure pertinent issues, changes, and updates are communicated.
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks.
- Demonstrate basic project management skills by acting as a project lead on small, well defined projects.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff and new employees.
- Planning/Organization: Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of meeting planning experience.
- Ability to travel 25-30%.
JOB FAMILY:Marketing Support
LOCATION:United States > Santa Clara : Building A - SC Floor-2
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf