Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
• Exchange complex medical and scientific information with the diabetes care community
• Develop valued and productive scientific relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other disease experts
• Provide medical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups
• Provide internal medical stakeholders with feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with HCPs
• Assist with awareness of company-sponsored clinical trials and investigator-initiated trials
• Provide support at professional meetings, including staffing exhibits, collecting competitive intelligence and developing tools that support the function
• Adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
• Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in specific therapeutic areas; review scientific journals, attend scientific and key technical meetings
• Represent the company and Medical Affairs during exchanges with the medical/scientific community
• Establish and maintain ongoing long-term collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with Endocrinologists, PCPs, and other diabetes care professionals (e.g., CDEs)
• Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific information for Freestyle Libre and other products, including those in development
• Assist with clinical trial awareness to support scientific and research needs as consistent with ADC Medical Affairs strategy
• Collaborate with internal personnel to support development of publications and communications
• Facilitate investigator interactions with internal stakeholders
• Provide clinical input and training to internal functions within regulatory guidelines
• Provide support for content development and delivery of clinical presentations at advisory boards.
Bachelors Degree in a health sciences field
Preferred, Advanced degree (e.g. Pharmacy, Nutrition, Nursing M.S. or PhD) or in a relevant scientific discipline
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 5+ years of experience in diabetes management required
• 5+ years of experience as field-based MSL preferred.
• 8+ years of experience in industry (e.g., biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device company, Contract Research Organization), academic research, or public health preferred
• Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress/conference and presenting scientific data
• Experience functioning as a field-based employee preferred
• Training and/or knowledge of good clinical practice and global regulations
• Ability to effectively build relationships and work with KOL's.
• Think strategically; apply knowledge and analytical skills in a highly regulated environment; and align medical and commercial strategies
• Ability to summarize complex information and present in a clear, concise, and scientifically accurate manner to a range of audiences
• Knowledge of diabetes management guidelines, FDA Drug Regulations with respect to DDMAC, PhRMA Principles on Conduct of Clinical Trials and Communication of Clinical Trial Results, and OIG Compliance
JOB FAMILY:Medical & Scientific Affairs
DIVISION:ADC Diabetes Care
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:United States > Irving : LC-02
TRAVEL:Yes, 75 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf