Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Participate as required within R&D on various engineering efforts for new product development
- Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts.
- Work with engineering on build/test fixturing
- Perform assembly and testing of small tubing components by adhesive bonding, or heat reflowing.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions.
- Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages and possibly ability to analyze data using basic statistics.
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance. Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all tasks that require such precautions.
- Create and Maintain accurate records to recreate desired build processes and designs.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Works with a variety of production equipment, small hand tools, test equipment, and precision measuring instruments. Also uses standard office equipment such as telephone, fax/copier, and a personal computer with standard office software.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and/or AA Degree/trade school certification or specialized training/apprenticeship in Engineering Technology, or specialized training which provides a theoretical understanding of electronic or electro-mechanical disciplines or equivalent. Associates of electrical engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Typically a minimum of 3-6 years of progressively more responsible related work experience required to achieve the level of competency and depth of understanding necessary to perform at this level
- Proficient with Lab equipment i.e. LCR meter, Oscilloscope, DMM's, RF amplifiers, Magnetic Test systems, Spectrum or network analyzer.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Occasional or Regularly scheduled overtime is a requirement of this position.
JOB FAMILY:Product Development
LOCATION:United States > Texas > Plano : 6901 Preston Road
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday), Work requiring repeated bending, stooping, squatting or kneeling
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf