Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Menlo Park, California currently has an opportunity for a Quality Inspector.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Audit materials or the work of others through the examination, inspection, measurement, or test of sub-assemblies, final assemblies and documentation.;
- Documents the non-conformance or suspected non-conformance to specifications through the the completion of required paperwork, system transactions, and affixing his or her mark (i.e. stamp, sign-off or signature).;
- Work within a GMP environment and document results per GDP standards
- Handles discrepant sub-assemblies, final assemblies per the documented disposition and document activities in the appropriate systems or paperwork.;
- Communicates the status of audits and other assignments, responsibilities, and duties.
- Trains new, entry level, and less experienced Quality Auditors through on-the-job training, group training, and one-on-one guidance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School degree/GED.
- 0-2 years experience.
- Previous experience in Quality performing inspection.
- Experience with optical measurement equipment, hand tools, gages, pressure and force gage testing.
- Training in blueprint reading and experience with inspection sampling techniques. Knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO 13485
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
DIVISION:SH Structural Heart
LOCATION:United States > Menlo Park : 3885 Bohannon Drive
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf