Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced application and/or system administrator, DevOps expert with good experience in the Atlassian tools suite. As a part of the team you will be responsible for supporting the development team, building automated tools, and helping develop and maintain the build/deployment pipeline.
· Executes deployment and configuration management, release management, environments management and infrastructure automation.
· Applies DevOps thinking - i.e. brings development and IT ops processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which we deliver product solutions
· Liaises with development teams, IT service groups and 3rd parties to encourage process transparency, mutually-beneficial design, delivery practices design and implement fully automated delivery pipeline
· Provides DevOps thought strategies and mentoring in both advisory and delivery contexts
· Pro-actively look for ways to enhance the functionality, reliability, operation of the delivery pipeline
Requirement skills and experience:
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar curriculum + 6 years experience.
· Previous experience deploying multilayer software to physical infrastructure A solid technical background, with at least 2-4+ years' experience in implementation of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline configuration using Atlassian suite, Jenkins and other standard tools
· 2+ years of experience in programming in C/C++ and C#, Powershell scripts, Linux scripts and other scripts as needed to automate processes
· 3+ years of experience in Atlassian suite – Bamboo, JIRA, Bitbucket and confluence
· 2+ years of experience in database management and script development – MS SQL preferred
· Experience in automation of deployment activities in environments with Firmware, Embedded and OS based applications as one system
· Experience in agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies
· Strong knowledge of continuous integration platforms, application release automation tools for embedded Windows based client applications
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
JOB FAMILY:Product Development
LOCATION:United States > Irving : LC-02
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf