Description de l'offre
Description du poste
3M is seeking a Production Supervisor for the Fall Protection Business, located in Red Wing, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Job Summary :
The person hired for this position will support manufacturing operations within the Red Wing Fall Protection Plant and have responsibility for driving safety, quality, service, productivity, and employee engagement. They will support the manufacturing mission to safely and effectively manufacture products that bring workers at heights home safely.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Champions a positive, safety first culture within the Red Wing Facility.
· Direct supervision, leadership, coaching and development of a world class Manufacturing Team.
· Supports the daily operations of production on 1st shift.
· Provides direct supervision to production employee operators, contingent workers and team leads.
· Plans work schedules, determines priorities, and allocates work assignments, in order to meet production requirements.
· Evaluates employee performance and provides necessary feedback and coaching.
· Develops manpower plan, interviews, and hires candidates to staff team to plan
· Ensures daily production schedules are attained and troubleshoot any challenges that arise
· Understands and objectively enforces corporate and location policies and procedures.
· Responsible to open and close the building for employees who are on the crew
· Champions principle-based leadership, coaching, training, and developing.
· Leads by example. Utilizes strong interpersonal skills and corrective action when needed to resolve conflict and inappropriate behaviors.
· Supports continuous improvement activities in EHS, quality and productivity.
· Drives operational excellence through lean principles, tier reviews and continuous improvement. Applies Lean principles to create robust, processes that ensure the following:
· Improved safety and ergonomics as well as meeting all 3M safety standards
· Tiered accountability structure
· 5S, organization, and cleanliness standards
· Efficient assembly processes for existing and new products with developed documentation as appropriate
· Organized and streamlined physical movement of materials and elimination of waste
· Streamlined ERP transactions
· Maintained and improved quality standards
This position will require:
· Supporting a fixed first shift
· Supporting OT, as business need requires
· Lifting up to 40lbs (unassisted)
· High School Diploma/GED or higher from accredited institution
· Minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience in a private, public, government or military environment
· Minimum of three (3) years of manufacturing experience
· Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
· Experience leading lean six sigma and kaizen projects
· Green Belt certified
· Ability to drive, motivate, influence, and sustain positive change
· Self-directed, detail oriented, and team player
Location: Red Wing, MN
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic and international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).