Description de l'offre
Description du poste
3M is seeking a Production Operator for the Industrial Adhesives & Tapes Division located in Springfield, MO. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you’ll find challenging and rewarding work.
3M rewards you for excellence. We offer a competitive base pay and a wide range of benefits and discounts designed to help you live your best.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The person hired for the position of Production Operator will operate process and support equipment in various production work centers to manufacture adhesive products.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Understand and follow all safety policies and procedures
· Follow process standards to ensure quality product is produced
· Operate a fork truck to stage materials in work centers
· Perform and record required tests and adjust process as necessary to meet quality specifications
· Perform data entry
· Maintain excellent housekeeping
· Handle hazardous waste material in accordance with federal and state regulations
Skills required include:
· Attention to detail, prioritization, self-motivation, teamwork, problem solving, analytical thinking, effective communication skills, strong work ethic, initiative, and a focus on safety
· Ability to use computers in a manufacturing setting
This position will require:
· Working overtime (working as much as 12 hours per day)
· Weekend work
· Working on holidays as needed
· Short notice shift coverage
· Working 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Shift
· Frequent lifting and handling of 50 to 75 pound loads, as well as occasional drum hoist operation
· Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
· 2 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience with control charting, material handling, packaging, chemical manufacturing, and hazardous waste management
· Experience working with computers in a manufacturing setting
Location : Springfield, MO
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
This posting is for a Production Operator position at 3M Springfield. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Production Operator openings occur at 3M Springfield, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active until 6/19/2019. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.