Description de l'offre
Description du poste
3M is seeking a Production Operator for the Advanced Materials Division Business located in Salem, NH. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Production Operator is responsible for following documented procedures for equipment operation and manufacturing, assembly and inspection of Thermoplastic composite molded products under minimal supervision, as well may be required to assist in the training of Production Operator I personnel under the guidance of the Production Supervisor, Cell Lead, Manufacturing Engineer and or Quality Engineer
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Observe all 3M Safety rules and regulations
· Observe all 3M Employee Guidelines
· Meet all requirements and be in good standing for a minimum of 10 – 12 months as a Production Operator 1.
· Be fully trained and certified to be able to operate in a minimum of three work centers, while maintaining a quality level of 95% or better for aspects under operator control (ex: Final Inspection, Trimming, Molding (rotary or inline), Kitting, and or Forming)
· Demonstrate a level of knowledge required to make decisions and adjustments when required, under operational and or quality management oversight.
· Be fully trained to set up and change over machinery, based upon a predetermined production schedule (tooling changes – Trimming, Forming)
· Have completed Lean Introduction for Production Operators, and actively participates in Lean processes or projects (standard work reviews, Tier 1 meeting, Kaizen events)
· Proactively initiates personal learning in additional work areas, processes and Lean manufacturing practices
This position will require:
· Working a 12-hour shift (6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. OR 6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.)
· Continuously (67%-100%) moves about between areas and tasks
· Standing/walking up to 12 hrs/day.
· Frequently (34%-66%) lifts up to 10 lbs. and occasionally (0%-33%) lifts 11-24 lbs. (unassisted)
This position may require:
· Working on holidays as needed
· Weekend work
· Working overtime
Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Location: Salem NH
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.