Zodiac Aerospace is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft and for helicopters and spacecraft. It develops and manufactures state-of-the-art solutions to improve comfort and facilities on board aircraft and high-technology systems to increase aircraft performance and flight safety. Zodiac Aerospace, a Safran* company since February 2018, has 32,500 employees worldwide and generated revenue of 5.1billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017. Zodiac Aerospace is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange.
* Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with nearly 58,000 employees and sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
For more information: www.safran-group.com and www.zodiacaerospace.com / Follow @Safran and @ZodiacAerospace on Twitter
Design Engineer 1
Create designs of aircraft interior products ranging from but not limited to: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircraft using a computer-aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site. While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft, and ease of manufacturing is necessary. Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high-end private jets products.
· Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
· Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
· Apply Zodiac Cabin & Structures' engineering standards as established in CDE1000, with emphasis on Sections 2, 3, 4, 7 and 10.
· Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
· Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
· Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
· Release 3D models and drawings, maintaining data integrity according to CDE1002 and CDE1004.
· Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
· Identify problems and develop solutions.
· Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
Education: BS in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
Experience: 0 - 2 years of Design Engineer experience
Computer Skills: MS Office Suite, MS Windows, AutoCAD a plus, Catia V5 a plus
Experience of working in the Aerospace industry is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Zodiac Aerospace to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
ID: DCIS – 9832